Through the years

(this chapter is different from the others. it's going to have snippets of Emris's life at camp until we hit the canon time! then it will be back to first person)

 That next morning Emris and Annabeth started training so they could play capture the flag with everyone else. Emris worked on knife throwing and using a bow (Annabeth forced him). She made workout plans for him because he was a stick.

Two months after they started training, they finally were showing results. Annabeth was getting very good at using daggers and she was also getting good at stealth. Emris was getting good at using a bow, and he had no idea how. Sometimes the campers would come and watch their training matches and shout encouraging things at them.

When it was Annabeth's 8th birthday, the whole camp celebrated it. They decorated the dining pavilion and the Demeter cabin baked a huge cake that fed all the campers. They also decided to hold a Capture the Flag game, in which Annabeth was allowed to make the game plan. Of course, her team won.

Nobody in the camp knew about Emris's birthday because he didn't shout the date at the top of his lungs when it was near (Annabeth). So instead the campers would discreetly try to ask him about it to get an answer and they all failed. In the end, on the day of Emris's birthday, a bunch of campers left to go to school.

During the winter Annabeth and Emris still trained no matter what. They wanted to prove Chiron wrong and be included in a game before they turned 10. If it was snowing you could see Emris at the Archery Range. If it was raining they both were at the Combat Arena. Sometimes they were forced to stop to eat dinner.

In February a bunch of new campers came in, one of them was named Clarisse, a daughter of Ares, and she became friends with Emris. But she and Annabeth would always fight. Clarisse would only spar with Emris with swords because she said that he had to be good at every weapon in camp. Annabeth would sit on the sidelines writing notes or she would be throwing her dagger around. Sometimes, Luke would come over to watch them fight and would give advice.

When it hit summer again and everyone returned, Annabeth and Emris started working harder. Emris would challenge every Apollo kid he'd see to an Archery competition. Annabeth would run around back and forth between the Ares and Athena cabin gathering information about past Capture the Flag games.

During the games, they both would actually pay attention, observing each camper and how they would beat them. By the time it hit Annabeth's birthday again they had information on more than half the campers.

In August, Leon and Elina were sent on a quest to retrieve a statute for Athena. The whole camp was tense when they hadn't heard from them in 3 weeks. Then when they both didn't return in a month, the camp declared them dead and had a Burruel prepared. Both cabins got new counselors, a girl named Estelle for Athena and a boy named Rowan for Hermes.

Afterward, the whole camp seemed depressed so Annabeth and Emris made it their duty to work harder and get stronger so they can protect everyone. When the snow started falling around the borders of the camp, they would be seen sparing with daggers.

Again another year passed and the campers came back for summer. Annabeth was now 9 years old and they needed her to play in one of the games this year or their training would've been for nothing. They both begged the camp counselors to convince Chiron into letting them play but they all turned down.

In June Chiron announced that there would be an Archery competition in July, and Emris begged him to be allowed to participate. Chiron agreed but he said that he and Annabeth would have to work as a team.

So the next month was spent with Emris teaching Annabeth how to use a bow correctly. She wasn't very good and almost shot one of the campers who were watching them.

On the day of the competition, Emris was running around the whole camp trying to find his bow. He was training late at night yesterday and left his bow by one of the targets. The camp waited for him to find it but he was taking forever and they just gave him an extra bow.

Annabeth went first and like said before she wasn't very good. The closest thing she got to a bullseye was the inner blue line while the other people she was against got all bullseyes. So no, they weren't doing very well.

Now it was Emris's turn, He was able to make 2 bullseye and 3 outer gold lines. The campers were impressed because not many 9-year-olds were able to even hold a bow correctly. They all congratulated him and Annabeth even if they got last place.

Near the end of July, Rowan the Hermes cabin counselor stepped down and gave the position to Luke. Luke had to move his bed near the entrance of the cabin so now there was an empty space under Emris's bunk.

Winter came and went again and now Annabeth and Emris were 10 years old, the age Chiron said they could lay Capture the flag. In their first game, the Hermes cabin teamed up with The Ares cabin so they were now enemies. The game was intense for both sides. Each team knew how much they wanted to play and they both didn't want to let them down.

In the end, the Hermes and Ares team won when Clarisse took the other team's flag. Chiron described the game as the most intense one they ever played at camp. But then the cheerful mood was ruined the next day when Luke was given a quest by his father.

He came back two weeks later but he failed his quest and was left with a scar on his face. Emris tried to cheer him up but Luke was acting differently now. Whenever Hermes was mentioned he would go quiet and wouldn't talk for a while. At dinner, Luke didn't sacrifice food to Hermes anymore but instead to Athena for some reason. Emris asked him about it but he was ignored.

Before Emris knew it another year passed and he was now 11. His hair had grown longer over the years and now reached right above his shoulders. He also started to grow more white streaks of hair so it looked like half his hair was white and the other was black.

It's been 4 years since he got here and he still hasn't been claimed. Apparently, that mattered to everyone one else here because they all looked at him in pity. Emris didn't mind or care, he dubbed himself Counselor of the undetermined a year ago. He was way better at using a bow and almost always hit a bullseye.

Annabeth and Him rarely spar with daggers and they don't train as much as before. He usually trains with Clarisse now. She taught him how to use a spear and he was improving rapidly with it. Clarisse isn't a year rounder though so he trains alone in the winter.

Since Emris spent all the time training before, he now spends half of it learning how to understand Ancient Greek and other languages.

The campers still didn't know his birthday and they didn't want to outright ask him now because they knew him for years. So again Emris spent his 12th birthday watching all the campers leave to see their families, go to school, and throw shields at people.

In the winter they visited Mount Olympus to see the gods. In Emris's opinion, it was boring.

During New years, Emris and Annabeth sat on the beach staring up at the fireworks. The Hephaestus cabin decided to make fireworks this year and they went all out. They showed pictures of things that happened in camp, old battles of the gods, and Captain America. (HAHA HE FINALLY FOUND OUT WHO WAS OBSESSED WITH SHIELDS!!)

Then in the summer everyone just seemed to freak out about the Great Prophecy like they hadn't known what was going to happen for 100's of years.

Finally, a new camper came.