Quest?

Waiting for Percy to come down from the attic was awkward. I sat down on one of the chairs on the porch and stared at the door Percy entered. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Chiron take a seat in one of the chairs across from me. He cleared his throat and spoke,

"How are you doing with moving into a new cabin? I know it can be hard to live in a new space after staying in another for a long time."

"It's alright," I said, still staring at the door.

"That's good to hear." He smiled.

"Mhm."

Emris, you should talk to him. It's rude to ignore people. Crow said.

Emris?

No... not again.

Talk to me, please.

Emris?

Ris?

Em?

E?

SPEAK TO ME!!!!

I smiled.

That was when Percy decided to appear, opening the front door to the big house. When he stepped out he looked scared as if a monster appeared in front of him and started to dance to the macarena. (don't laugh. It happens to the best of us.)

Percy walked right over to my side of the table and sat down in the chair next to me. He stared at the table in front of us without moving a muscle. I swear if this 'oracle' thingy made my best friend go insane I will kill it. But before I could voice my threats Chiron asked, "Percy, what did she say? What is the prophecy?"

I looked at Percy and he finally lifted his head to look back at me. He took a breath and turned towards Chiron, " Uh she said 'You shall go west, and face the god who has turned, You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned.'"

"That's all she said? Nothing else?" Chiron asked.

"Yeah, that's it," Percy answered looking back down at the table.

Oh, he definitely was hiding something. He should lose 'Percy Points' for this.

"Alright, well for a quest you have to choose your companions. On a quest, there are supposed to be three people to keep it safe."

"I can go." I blurted out without thinking.

"Emris, I appreciate your offer but we already have a volunteer," Chiron said.

"But, I wanna go."

"You can't have four people on a quest."