The Arch

Turns out Aunty Em was just Medusa in disguise. Which was a surprise to me because I thought she seemed nice.

You think everyone seems nice. Crow said.

Well, I am always right that nice people are actually nice. I thought.

Once Annabeth and Percy were done scolding Grover and me for not helping we all realized that we had no idea where we were and where we were supposed to be going. So Grover brilliantly suggested that we go into the woods to get some rest because we would be covered by the millions of trees inside.

We walked at least (don't trust my instincts) a half a mile into the woods until we found a spot where we thought we would be safe. I practically threw myself onto the ground and closed my eyes before anyone would rope me into helping them set up camp. If I fell asleep 5 minutes after laying on the ground, that would be no one's business.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the feeling of someone stabbing their finger into my side. (i am not exaggerating, it felt like they were killing me) I smacked their hand away and tried to go back to sleep but this person seemed determined because they then started shaking my shoulders (which were exhausted from carrying this team on my back).

"Emris, wake up! There is no time to sleep," (what I think was) Annabeth's voice said.

I groaned and rolled onto my back finally opening my eyes. Annabeth and Percy were hovering over me looking annoyed.

"He's alive!" Percy shouted.

"Shut up," I said while sitting up.

Now that isn't very nice, is it? Crow asked.

They are definitely teaming up on me. I know it.

"We gotta go, Grover talked this lost dog that's from a rich family, their giving $200 dollars to the person who returns him," Annabeth said while picking up all their belongings (which wasn't very much).

We left our little camp after everyone had everything picked up and made our way towards the rich people's house. I got to hold Gladiola (the dog). The weird thing was that he was a pink poodle and I don't think you can breed pink poodles. Nobody else questioned it so I didn't say anything.

Once we reached the front porch of the house we had to choose who was going to knock on the door. So we held another Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament and Grover ended up losing. The conversation was so awkward I couldn't stop myself from cringing.

When we got the prize money we made our way towards the nearest train station getting directions from the rich family. Percy bought the tickets this time (another Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament) and we all finally found our seats and sat down on the train. The whole train ride I sat staring out the window just looking at the scenery. (it was boring but I wanted to pretend I was in one of those heartfelt movies.)