Episode 11: Secrets

I teleport behind the two robber silently, the man holding the gun notices me and aims his gun at me. I smirk and raise my hand into the air. It glows F/C and the man's gun breaks into pieces.

The man drops his gun and runs away from me, but Ben creates a diamond pillar and raises the man into the air. I grin at him,

"Other dude is behind you..."

I turn to him and make my eyes glow as I let out a quiet growl. The guy's eyes widen and he backs away from the hostage. The hostage runs over to me and I hand him a bottle of water and pretzels. He takes it and looks at me confused, Ben goes after the other robber and raise him in the air too.

Ben lets out a scream, I rub my eyes as Max turns on the light "Another nightmare, Ben?" Max asks, walking up to him. Ben nods and sighs. "It was that weird alien from my vision, only bigger, uglier and scarier!" Ben says, running his fingers through his hair "Sure you weren't just looking in a mirror?" Gwen asks tiredly.

I shoot her a glare. "It was just a bad dream, son. We can talk about it in the morning." Max states "It seemed so real. He looked right at me and said 'I'm coming for you now.'" Ben says, that statement caused Max to tense up "Change of plan. We're hitting the road right now." Max says. Ben and I share confused looks, "Grandma...it's 3 in the morning." Gwen tells him.

"Best way to beat the traffic." Max says, starting the Rust Bucket and driving off quickly. Gwen only sighs and turns over to go back to sleep. I glance at her, shaking my head "Shameful...ah!" I yelp. Ben's green eyes were staring down at me, I smile at him before giving him a soft nod. Ben grins and climbs down in the bottom bunk with me

~Flashback~
~(Age: 4)~

"AH!"

I wake up and look over to the floor to see Ben sniffle in his pillow "Benji? What's wrong?" I ask, climbing out my bed. "Nothing." Ben mumbles, I tilt my head at him "Come on, you can tell me." I say. Ben tenses up when I place a hand on his shoulder, "If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to...is there anything you want me to do?" I ask.

"C-can I sleep next to you?" Ben ask quietly "Sure! Just bring your pillow and blanket 'cuz I'm not sharing!" I say, trying to lighten his mood. Ben smiles sadly "Thanks, Y/N." He says

"Anytime."

~

"Uh, Grandpa? What's with the lead foot?" Ben asks, turning to look at Max "I wanna make it to Mount Rushmore by nightfall." Max says seriously. I frown in confusion, but I didn't get to dwell in it for long because Ben leans on me lazily "I'm so bored." He sighs. "Lemme play a game." Ben says to Gwen.

She continues to type away, "I would, but I think this will be a good lesson for you to learn how to entertain yourself." Gwen states slyly.

"Shouldn't have said that."

Ben grins mischievously, and I silently laugh as he smashes his palm down on the watch. "Where'd he go?" Gwen sighs tiredly before her laptop glitches out "Hey! What's going on?!" She screams.

"Sorry. You are a loser and always will be." Ben snickers, warping his head out of the laptop. Gwen gasps and growls "Ben! Get out of my laptop!" She shouts "What? I'm just entertaining myself." Ben teases. I smile tiredly as Gwen tries to argue with Ben, "This is my private property. And you're getting your cooties all over it!" She says.