Episode 29: The Unnaturals

Trigger Warning (idk if it's needed): Ben and Y/N get bullied, like equally. Cash and JT don't care about gender, they put Y/N through h*ll too. Nothing awful in this chapter, but still. Just a heads up to people who don't like Y/N bullying.

|💚|

I stand behind Ben with a tired smile "Do I really have to stand here, Benji?" I ask "Yes! You're my good luck charm. Plus, I wanna win you a stuff animal...like a good boyfriend." He says, grinning at me widely. I fiddle with my ring as I blush, "Bottom of the ninth, two out, full count. Tennyson winds up, and..."

Ben throws the ball with all his strength, I grin proudly when he hits the Ben Franklins, but it turned into a frown when they didn't fall over. "No way! This game has got to be rigged! I totally nailed Ben Franklin!" Ben huffs to the carny "Knock over the Ben Franklins, you win a prize. Knock over squat, you win squat." He states. Ben scoffs and takes my hand "You think in the city of brotherly love, they wouldn't cheat at the carnival games." He grumbles

"That's the way life is, Ben. You win some, you lose some. Now, come on. You can't visit Philadelphia without seeing the Liberty Bell." Max says, walking ahead "If I just went hero, I'd win every one of those stupid games." Ben grumbles "Sure. Use the most powerful device in the universe to cheat at Whac-A-Mole. Real nice." Gwen scoffs, shoving Ben. He glares at her before glancing at me "Plus, you're pretty skilled without your aliens. The only reason you haven't won anything is because everything here is rigged." I tell him. Ben smiles and looks away with red cheeks, Max hands Gwen a cotton candy.

A/N: What's y'all favorite cotton candy to get, I always end up getting a mixed of blue and pink. Man, I haven't had cotton candy in years...curse you pandemic!

Ben and I continue to walk "Wanna give another game a try?" I ask "Eh, why bother-" He gets cut off by a loud honk. We gasp when a truck zooms through, crashing into one of the booths. "Whoa! Not good!" Ben gasps as the truck heads right for us.

Ben and I stand there like a deer in headlights (literally).

Max grabs Gwen in one arm and me and Ben in his other before dodging out of the trucks path. It just barely missed us, "They're getting away with the Liberty Bell!" Max gasps. "Not if XLR8 and Infinity has anything to say about it!" Ben says, Max shields us from the crowd of people behind us as I put on my suit. I shield my face from the bright green flash, "Looks like XLR8 doesn't have anything to say..." Gwen sighs.

I look down to see Greymatter standing there "Oh man!" Ben groans. I scoop him up in my hand, sirens echo through the carnival. Ben tugs on my thumb and points over to the strength test, I place him down gently "Give me a lift." He says. Max grabs the hammer and hits it hard, causing Ben to go flying through the air. He lands on the truck. The truck starts to swerve and crashes into a pole, the police cars surround the truck. "Alright, time to see where Benji landed." I say, walking away from Max and Gwen.

~💚~

"Hey, N/N. Check it out!" Ben says, showing off a Music Pocket "Whoa!" I say in awe "Nice Music Pocket. How'd you get it?" Gwen asks, placing her hands in her hips "Let's just say a little friend help me get a lucky guess." Ben states "You used Greymatter? That's cheating!" Gwen says "I didn't see any 'no aliens allowed' signs. Besides, I got it for N/N." Ben states with a shrug "You did?" Gwen and I both asks. I sounded surprised while Gwen sounded like she didn't believe a word. "Well, duh. I already have one. Here you go, N/N, now we have matching ones~" Ben says with a proud grin and red cheeks "Heh, thanks Benji..." I chuckle, blushing. Gwen only huffs and looks away from us.