Episode 37: Ken 10

I stare at the clock nervously, "It's almost time...I hope he gets here soon." I mumble, "He's going to be here, Y/N." Max says with a gentle smile. "I know, but the party's already started. This is Kenny's 10th birthday-he's turning double digits...a whole decade! Both his parents need to be here, nothing is too important where we can be with him on his birthday, Kenny's the most important thing. These birthdays mean a lot to a kid." I sigh, looking at the clock again

A/N: *cough cough*

*loud cough* f*ck you, Kai

*loud cough* f*ck you, Kai. I'm stealing your man and your kid-

Max places a hand on my shoulder, "Ben knows that. You can't stay in here, worrying til he gets here. Go out and be with Kenny." He tells me. I sigh and smile, "Right, I'm gonna trust Benji..." I say before walking out to the party. Kenny turns away from his friends and grins, he runs up to me "Hey, Mom!" He greets happilyl "There's my birthday boy! Ugh, I can't believe you're 10 already!" I sniff dramatically, resting my arm on my forehead. "Aw, Mom." Kenny laughs "You're so old now! I'm gonna have to plan your retirement soon." I tease, still faking crying "What?!" Kenny asks offendedly.

"If I'm old, what's that make you and Dad?" He asks, crossing his arms with a playful glare "You don't know our age, so you'll never know." I snicker "I know you're like—60!" Kenny scoffs, laughing evilly "60?! Oh no! Now his math skills are going away! Nooo, not my precious baby!" I cry playfully, struggling to hold back my laughs.

"I never had any math skills!" Kenny laughs before we both feel a breeze of wind. There was a bright green flash, I turn to see Ben standing beside us. He grins proudly, "Told ya I wouldn't miss the party." He states confidently "Woo! My favorite parent!" Kenny laughs "What?" I ask, glancing at Kenny with narrowed eyes. Kenny runs up and hugs Ben, "Thanks, Dad." Kenny laughs, Ben smiles at him "You only turn 10 once." He chuckles. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KENNY!" All Kenny's friends shout, "Wait, what was that about him being your favorite parent?" I ask-

I sip my soda lazily, walking up to Max and Ben. "Is the baby ok?" Ben asks me, he wraps an arm around me. "She keeps levitating in her sleep. I never realized how easy we had it when we had a baby WITHOUT my powers." I chuckle tiredly as Max walks away with one of the alien containers. Ben squeezes me lovingly, "Yeah, but admit it, you can't wait til Zoe gets older." He says, smiling at me "You're right, but I'm gonna miss her being cute." I say, leaning into Ben's touch as we watch Kenny. Ben Omnitrix buzzes, he looks down at it before smiling widely.

"-It's our Danger Alert. The call comes in, and my parents take off to-you know-save the world."
"Wow! My Dad's just a boring old dentist..."
"And some day, I'll be right beside them."

Gwen appears on a hologram, "Kenneth Tennyson." She calls, Kenny turns and gasps happily "Aunt Gwendolyn!" Ben unwraps his arm from around me. "Actually, your first doofus cousin—once removed." Ben states, grinning at her. Gwen shakes her hand, "Aren't you ever gonna grow up?" Gwen asks before turning her attention to Kenny "Sorry I'm missing the party. I'm still stuck here on Zoraster, tracking down the red dragon from the eighth pit of Navato." She says. Kenny frowns disappointedly, Ben and I smile at him softly.