Episode 30: The Return

~Y/N's POV~

I yawn tiredly, rubbing my eyes. I look up to see Ben looking tired "You ok, Benji?" I ask, he flinches "Um, yeah. Just...WAITING FOR THE DWEEB TO GET OUT THE BATHROOM!" He shouts "WHAT?! I LITERALLY JUST GOT IN HERE! YOU SAID YOU ALREADY WENT!" Gwen shouts from the bathroom. I snort, Ben only stares at me "You sure you're ok?" I ask, he nods "Yep." Ben says before kissing my cheek and walking outside.

I sketch in my sketchbook lazily, "And the lookout on state highway 818 for a prison bus reportedly taken over by the inmates." A voice in the radio says. A bus suddenly bashes into the Rust Bucket. Ben, Gwen and I jolt around.

We watch the bus scrapes on the window, "Those cons picked the wrong bridge at the wrong time." Ben says, looking down at the watch "Ben, this time we need to figure out our plan before you and Y/N go charging off." Max says, I put on my suit and look at him. "Grandpa's right." Gwen says seriously "Ok, here's the plan, you guys sit back and enjoy the Hero Show. Come on, N/N." Ben says "Ben—Gwen and I can help." Max tells him.

Ben chuckles, "That's funny, Grandpa. We're out of here." Ben says, hitting down on the watch. He turns into Stinkfly "Oh man!" He groans. We all look at him, "Uh-I mean, yeah, Stinkfly's gonna bring down the pain from above." Ben says, grabbing me and flying off. He tosses me onto his back and flies after the prison bus. Ben lands on the side of the truck, I hold onto him tightly as he grins at the inmates through the open window. "Nobody gets out of jail free when this fly is on patrol!" Ben says.

The inmate that was driving gags, "And I thought the prison food smelled gross!" He shouts. I almost felt bad for the guy as he coughs harshly, the joys of being able to turn off my sense of smell. Thank you powers. "What is that thing?!" The inmate asks, at this point the guy had tears in his eyes. One of the inmates behind him swings a chain.

"History." He says, throwing the chain at us. Ben dodges and flies away from the window "Benji, what are you-" "A different approach, now they see us," Ben shoot slime onto the window shield "Now they don't!" The bus crashes into the Rust Bucket repeatedly before they use the windshield wipers "Wow, these guys are stupid." I hum as some of the inmates climb onto the top of the bus. I levitate the inmates in the air before smashing them down onto the roof of the bus.

They stand back up, holding their weapons firmly. Ben yelps when a chain wraps around his tail, pulling the both of us down. "I got him." I hum, prepping to jump down "Y/N, wait-" Ben wraps his arms around me and holds me protectively "You don't have to do this by yourselves, you know!" Gwen shouts from the window as I squirm in Ben's hold "When you got the moves, use them." I hum.

I stop fighting Ben, "Fly around them in a circle." I tell him. Ben keeps holding me as he flies around the inmates. The chain ties them up, Ben shoots slime at the bus while the Rust Bucket tries to shoot a laser. The bus and the Rust Bucket swerve, "I'm gonna go, help Max and Gwen." I tell Ben, teleporting into the Rust Bucket "Whoa!" I yelp, immediately falling. I surround the Rust Bucket with a F/C glow, it comes to a quick stop.

"Are you guys ok?" I ask as Max stops the laser. Gwen looks dizzy, but gives me a thumbs up. The other half of the bridge falls and the bus zooms right past us and over the edge. Max presses a button, a hook attaches to the back of the bus. I watch the inmates fall into the water.