Chapter 2.☁

I was sleeping peacefully in Derek's arms when I heard his phone sound. He let out a low moan, placing his hand on my lower back as he reached over me to retrieve his ringing device. "Hello?" He answered, putting it to his ear.

After a few seconds of listening, he replied with, "I'll be right there." He hung up, intentionally throwing his phone on the floor. I laughed, causing him to do the same.

"Baby girl, the case I have in Virginia Beach was moved up to today instead of tomorrow. There was another murder." He explained, tucking my hair behind my ear. I pouted, but he kissed my lips anyway. Pulling away softly, he rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you. You know that." He lifted my chin to look in his eyes. I gave him a small nod, leaning my head into his neck to give it short, yet sweet kisses. Letting out a moan, his hands caressed me, and I melted under his touch.

After a few minutes of this, Derek was fed up, and he picked me up, taking me to the bedroom. Laying me on the silk sheets, he kissed me up and down my neck, chest, and stomach.

I moaned, biting my lip. "I only have a little bit of time," His fingers traced the hem of my underwear. "So let's make this quick.."

•••••

"I'll see you later, baby girl. And stay safe. You know where I keep my extra gun-" "Yes, in the drawer on the left. I've been living here for almost 2 years. I've got it." I joked, reassuringly.

Giving me a gorgeous, white pearly smile, he kissed my forehead with his soft lips. "That's my girl." He chuckled, stroking my hair while looking into my eyes.

"I love you." He held both of my hands in his large ones, planted soft kisses on them both. "I love you too, Derek." I smiled softly, kissing his hands, too, which made him laugh.

Then, he kissed me passionately, as if it were his last time. Because he knew that it very well could be..