Chapter 5.☁

Kirsten's POV

"Kirsten, you need to talk to me. What happened?" Emily asked me again. Reminiscing on the events of what just happened maybe 2 hours ago, brought me to tears.

"I need to see Derek.." I whispered, and Emily hugged me. "I know its hard, but we're going to find out who did this." She reassured. I tried to get some rest when I overheard an uproar begin in the hallway. "Where is she?!"

Hearing Derek yelling was the most graceful noise to my ears. He bust in the room, and by the look on his face, he was a true mad man. Enveloping me in a tight hug, he breathed into my hair.

He stroked it gently with his hands, whispering to me repeatedly that everything was going to be okay. When she noticed Hotch at the door, Emily excused herself.

"Are you alright, Kirsten?" Hotch asked, his usual solemn look was soft. I nodded, and Derek tightened his grip around me. "We'll find out who did this." He told me heartedly, a small smile on his face.

Then he turned to Derek. "And Morgan, you know the team is working this case." He stated, but it seemed more like a question. "Hotch, you have to let me-" "Its the rules, Derek." He interfered him mid sentence.

Derek let out an angry sigh. I knew what they were talking about. Derek wants to work the case, but its too 'personal', per say. He's going to be questioned further on who did this.

"Derek, stop being so stubborn." I slapped his chest playfully, and he released a breath from his lips. Hotch gave his signature short chuckle. "I'll leave you two alone." He nodded, leaving the room. That's when Derek looked down into my eyes.

"Baby girl, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you." He breathed, his voice quivering. Using his free hand that wasn't intertwined with mine, he tucked my hair behind my ear to reveal a small forming bruise.

He shut his eyes tightly, shaking his head. "I'm gonna kill whoever had the audacity to do this to you." I put my hand to his face, running my hand alone his strong, handsome features.

"You shouldn't kill anyone, babe." I told him honestly. He rolled his eyes, scoffing at my words. "Give me one reason why I should not?" He asked sarcastically.

"Because its not right. You don't want to lose your job." I answered truthfully. As I leaned against his chest, he let his fingertips trail up and down my spine. "My job is nowhere near as important as you."

I blushed, hiding my face in his neck. "You need some rest." He pulled the sheet above us both, and I closed my eyes. "I love you, baby boy." I kissed his cheek. He gave my forehead a soft kiss. "I love you too, baby girl."