Chapter 11.☁

Kirsten's POV

"Kirsten, get up!" I was scared shitless upon hearing Derek's voice. I jolted awake, immediately looking at him. "Babe, what's wrong?" I asked, confused as to why he was so angry. He narrowed his eyes at me, shaking his head. "When were you going to tell me?" He asked, turning around.

He pulled the positive pregnancy test out of the drawer, and I gasped. "D-Derek, I was going to tell you, really-" "Oh you were? Well, I just got off the phone with an abortion clinic which seems to say otherwise." He retorted, pursing his lips in anger. Salty tears ran down my cheeks as I had no way to explain myself.

Bottom line, I was caught. "Kirsten, I want you to answer this question truthfully." He used a much softer than before. "Had I not found that pregnancy test, and the abortion clinic called, would you really go through with it?" He asked, and I closed my eyes tightly. Would I have gone through with it? I was asking myself the same question.

"I didn't think you wanted kids right now, Derek." I avoided his question. "Kirsten, that's not what I asked-" "I don't know, okay?!" I yelled back, feeling frustration build. I sighed, rubbing my aching temples. "Derek, we're in no position to have a kid now." I was at a crossroad here. Having a baby would be great, but at the same time, the timing just wasn't right.

"What do you mean?" He finally sat down, looking at his hands. "We still haven't found the person who almost murdered me in the kitchen," I shook the tragic thought from my head. "A-And I don't want to put our child in harm's way if they're still on the loose."

I told him, looking down at my stomach that had yet to begin to show. He stayed quiet, not wanting to argue anymore. "Derek, I'm so, so sorry.." I pulled my knees to my chest, crying into them. "Baby," He cooed softly, and I didn't answer.

With him still being sore from his dangerous ambulance ride, he grunted when he got up. He pulled me into his strong arms, and I just about melted in them. "Baby girl, its going to be alright. We're going to have this baby, and no one is going to harm either of you. I promise."