Chapter 14.☁

9 Months Later.
4:45AM.

"Derek, move over." I mumbled, tiredly. He was all the way on my side of the bed. Without saying a word, he scooched over to his pillow.

I adjusted my stomach pillow, trying to ignore the dull pain in my pelvic area. I moaned quietly, not to wake him.

From there, the pain only seemed to intensify into my legs and back. 'Again?' I wondered, sitting up.

This has happened every night for the past 3 weeks. "You alright, baby girl?" Derek rubbed my back as I looked out the window. I nodded, or lied.

Something felt different.

I tried to ignore the pain with deep breathes. Derek, half awake, ran his hand over my stomach. I felt a rush of water between my legs, and an even larger rush of pain.

"What the- I hope that wasn't me.." Derek joked, pulling the sheet back. "It wasn't. This baby is ready, though!" His eyes widened at me. "Are you going to do something?!"

I felt bad for yelling, but he was just standing there. After some of his surprise wore off, he threw on a shirt, even though he looked good without one.

He helped me out to the car, and began his drive to the hospital. I called Hotch, in hopes he would answer. Luckily, regardless of it being almost 5AM, he did.

"The baby is coming?!" He seemed stoked, which was great. My body felt completely opposite. "Yes, I'll meet you at the hospital."

I held Derek's hand entire way there, tears and sweat running down my face. "Hang in there, baby girl." He told me reassuringly, striking my hand with his thumb.

"I'm trying!"

7 Hours of Labor Later.
Derek's POV.

A smile spread across my face as I looked at Kirsten through the glass of the hospital. "She's a really strong woman." Hearing Reid's voice, I turned to face him.

"She is. She'll make a wonderful mother for London." I closed my eyes, and Reid let out a yawn. I checked the time, 12:02PM. We've been up before 5, so fatigue was no surprise.

"Derek," Questioning whose voice it was, I turned around. It was my mother, sister Sarah, and aunt. "Sorry we're late! The flight got delayed, but we got here as fast as we could."

Mom hugged me, immediately going to check on Kirsten. She understood child birth, and wanted to make Kirsten as comfortable as possible.

Kirsten would make an amazing mother, but how would I be as a father?