Chapter 8.☁

"Are you sure you want to stay here?" Derek asked, and I answered yes for the 1,000th time. "Monica is coming over in a bit, I'll be fine." I told him, sitting on the couch. "Alright, alright. Just thought you'd want a big, strong man to keep you safe." He smiled, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're nothing but a big, strong softie, babe." I looked up at him, and he leaned down to kiss my lips. "You want to know what's not soft?" He smirked, and I giggled at his terrible, sexual joke. He leaned into my neck and I moaned.

As he went on I felt a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Derek, you have to go, babe." I lightly pushed him off of me. He furrowed his eyebrows at me, and I avoided his gaze. "Are you alright, baby girl?" I wanted to say 'No, I'm pregnant', but that wouldn't be the best way to break it to him.

I indeed was, a positive pregnancy test in my drawer upstairs was proof. "I'm fine, Derek. But you're going to be late." I stood up, shooing him over to the door. "Kirsten-" "You're going to be late, Special Agent Morgan!" I pointed at him, and he laughed.

"Fine, I'll go, but you have to give me what I want when I get back.." He bit his lip sexually, and I shifted my eyes to avoid him turning me on. Then he would be really late. "Sure Derek, just go." I kissed him passionately, double checking his vest and making sure he had everything, as I usually do.

"Alright, I'll see you when I get back." He planted a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Yeah, whenever you do get back.." I mumbled, knowing he would be gone a while. He gave me a soft frown, and I felt terrible. He has enough to deal with on his job already, and I was making it worse with my complaining.

I knew when we started dating that he would work such hours. "Sorry.." I mumbled, rubbing my forehead. "Its fine," He placed his lips to mine once again, using his hand to push a strand of hair behind my ear. "I love you, baby girl." He showed me award winning smile, and I hugged his strong torso.

"I love you, too."