Chapter 3.☁

The Next Day

"Tell him to stop worrying and that I'll be home soon." I told Penelope over the phone with a laugh. Derek was losing his mind because I was out so late.

It was around 8:00 PM, and the Sun already set. I was on my way home anyhow. I was just shopping for a few things I needed at the local mini mart.

"He is 5 minutes from going balistic." she muttered, and I could tell she was rolling her eyes. I giggled, walking out to the car, bags in hand.

"Put this man on the phone for a few minutes." I looked both ways, standing at the end of the street. she did as she was asked, giving Derek the phone.

"Baby girl, what are you doing out so late?" He quickly asked, and I couldn't help but let out a short laugh at his frantic mental state. "Baby boy, I'm just fine. I'm on the way home now."

I told him into the phone reassuringly. He let out a strong sigh. "Just get home safe, okay?"

He was so cute when he worried about me unnecessarily. "I'll be there in about 10, boo boo." I joked, smiling. I could almost hear his sexy smirk through the phone.

Lord, do I love this man.

"Alright, I'll see you in a few, baby girl." I blushed slightly at the adorable nickname he was known for. "Okay, baby boy." Derek made kissing noises into the phone, and I giggled loudly.

I made the same noises back at him, and he released a deep chuckle. " I love you, Derek. Let everyone there know I said goodnight-" "Goodnight Kirsten!" I heard a cute voice in the background.

"Goodnight Spencer." I answered, thinking about the cutest, and smartest, nerd you'll ever see. "I love you, too." Derek finally told me, and we both hung up. I slipped my phone into my pocket, beginning my short walk home.

I walked down the street as fast as I could, trying to make it home in a timely manner. I turned the corner swiftly, bumping into someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" I apologized immediately.

I looked up to see a person, about the same height as I, maybe a little taller. They didn't say anything, though. They just walked around me, their hands shoved deep in their pockets. That was weird..

I continued walking anyway, the mystery person stuck on my mind. I wondered who there were. What they sounded like. Anything about them.

I only knew their short stature. After all, I was about 5'5". Thinking about my height reminded me of Derek's words whenever we get caught on the conversation. "Your height is perfect to me, Baby Girl." He would always say.

I could see the house come into view, and I smiled, as I had made it home safely. I took my phone out to call Derek.

He would want to know I made it home alive. I opened the door, flicking on the light, and setting my purse in the chair. I slipped off my sandals, getting comfortable on the couch.

"I'm thirsty." I thought aloud, my mouth feeling like a sack of sand.

I got up, going into the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of water. When I turned around to go back into the living room, I was faced with the mystery person I ran into earlier.

And boy did they look mad..