Charlie and the Wolf Pack {53]

Chapter Fifty-Three

I had a feeling that the half-breed bitch he was talking about was me, but that was okay I was used to being called outta my name.

“I’m right here Clayton” I said into the phone.

“You motherfu–”

“Now that seems completely unnecessary, please let’s try to be adults about this” I said in a bored tone.

“Give me my mother back” Clayton demanded from me.

“Please hold” I said pressing the button that plays that horrible music.

When I sure he couldn’t hear us I turned to everyone in the room. We all had the same stunned look on our faces.

“How do you want to play this?” I asked.

“Get him mad” Nick said.

We all just looked at him.

“If you get him mad enough he’ll act on emotions instead of sticking to his plan, whatever that plan is” Nick explained.

I nodded then took Clayton off hold. “Thanks for holding, now how may I help you today Mr. Morgan?”

“I want my mother back.”

“Not gonna happen, next.”

“I want my mother back” he repeated.

“Say my name.”

“What?” His voice matched the look on everyone’s face.

Confusion.

“Say Charlie” I told Clayton again.

He must have been really confused because he did it and I smiled.

“Has anyone ever told you that you’ve got a voice made for phone sex?”

“Are you kidding me? We aren’t friends” Clayton told me like I didn’t already know that. I shook my head, he was stupid.

“No shit asshole” Nick said.

“Let’s get something clear, just because I’m going to kill you doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate how good your voice sounds” I told him.

“You can’t kill me.”

I laughed long and hard.

“But on a serious note what’s your address?”

“What? Why would I tell you that?”

I shrugged then realized he couldn’t see me “I need somewhere to send what’s left of your mother’s body when we’re done with her.”

I heard a loud bang like he slammed his hand down on the table or desk “You will not touch my mother.”

“Too late” I sang.

“You stupid bitch!”

Nick growled and I shivered, that sound coming from him was so sexy. I pinched myself because now was not the time for that.

“Relax, there is no need for name calling Ghost Rider. I have a question do you really think you will see your mother alive again? After all this is a war, one of your making.”

“I know exactly where you guys are–”

“No kidding, you called the house phone and you’ve been here before genius” I said.