Charlie and the Wolf Pack {49}

Chapter Forty-Nine

“So how are things in the land of the living” Bael asked.

“Ha, ha very funny. But things are going as well as to expected with this stupid-ass war going on” was my answer.

“So tell us what has been going on” Morgan said.

I sat there and told them everything that has been happening and some of the new things that have been taking place. After I was done they looked at each other and I didn’t like the look at they shared.

“What was that look about?” I asked.

’Fille’ our time together is almost up.”

Say what.

“What does that mean?”

“That means we are only here to help you and once we’ve done that, we will go back to the place we belong” Bael said.

I didn’t know what to say to that, it was hard to picture my life without them in it.

“No you guys can’t go away.”

“Let’s not worry about that right now. How is that young man of yours?”

I smiled the same way I did whenever Nick was mentioned “He’s amazing. I wish you two could have met him.”

They shared another look then Bael asked “Is he asleep as well?”

“Yeah.”

Morgan nodded “Good, I want you to think of him, of only him.”

Well that wasn’t going to be hard. Think of nothing but Nick, that beautiful man who lit up my world. The one who could make everything better with just one look. The one who–

“What the fuck?”

I spun around like a retard and saw the man of my dreams literally standing there looking completely confused.

“Hi honey” I said.

“Oh ‘Fille’ isn’t he just dreamy” Morgan said.

Nick looked at her then at Bael who was in his demonform, then he sighed. “You have got to be kidding me” he turned to me “Couldn’t you just be crazy by yourself?”

I smiled “And where would be the fun in that?”

Nick nodded “True, so you guys are the great grandparents.”

Both Morgan and Bael smiled before Morgan said, “That we are darling.”

“Great, well nice to meet you both.”

“You as well” Morgan said.

“She talks about you so much it’s like I’m married to you” Bael said.

I laughed.

We sat on the beach and talked, getting to know each other and it turned out that Nick really liked them. Then he had the nerve to say he couldn’t believe it took me so long to figure out who Morgan was because according to him we looked alike. And my reply to that was “whatever.” Morgan told Nick that the time for battle was fast approaching (her words not mine). What really surprised me was when she told Nick that he should forgive Shawn because even thought he did some horrible things he was still a good man. She said there were some things about Shawn that we didn’t know. Bael then us to be good each other, and to me it sounded like a goodbye, as in the forever kind.