Charlie and the Wolf Pack {21}

Chapter Twenty-One

No one moved, we all just looked at one another, I had no idea what to say to that and I don't think anyone else did either.

"What do you mean? Dominic Ian Kane, we are family" Lily said.

Nick looked at his mother like she was crazy then he said, "Lady I'm only going to ask you one time to get off me."

"Are you serious?" Lily asked, the hurt clear on her face.

"Don't I look serious?" was Nick's reply.

I stood there unsure of what to do, I don't think anyone knew what to do at this point.

"You don't know any of them?" I asked.

Nick looked around the room, his eyes landing on each person. He studied Connor the longest like he was trying to remember him. 

"He looks familiar, but I don't remember from where. But I know Sirena over there, she's your aunt."

"Yeah, she's my aunt" I said.

"Holy crap, this is for real, he can't remember us" Pam said.

"Why don't we leave these two alone, we don't wan to overwhelm him" Connor said.

"Tiarna mo leanbh a shocrú le do thoil" Lily said as she walked out the room. 

(A/N: Tiarna mo leanbh a shocrú le do thoil. Measns 'Lord please fix my baby' in Irish)

"I don't understand what's going on" Nick said.

"What's the last thing you remember?" I asked getting into the bed with him.

"Ah, we moved to your old town, Sirena got staked, and something about a king of some kind. And that's all I got."

"Shit that is not good. What do you mean a king?" I asked.

"I don't know. All I do know is that there was a king and I know it's important" Nick said.

"This is really not good" Sirena said.

"Those people do I know them?"

"Baby, that's your family, your Pack." I told him.

"Family? When I try to think about family my head hurts. What do you mean my Pack?"

"We're the Alpha pair of the Spider-Wolf and the Storm Packs."

"We are?"

"Oh yeah. You bested your father at fifteen and become Alpha. I beat my aunt almost two years ago."

"Why can't I remember anything?" Nick asked in a voice so lost that it almost broke my heart.

"Baby I don't know but I will help fix everything I promise."

"I know you will, now you can help me catch up while I eat" Nick said.

So for the rest of that day and the days that followed I tried to help Nick remember.

*********

It had been a week since Nick and Sirena woke up and we've been busy. Rion was trying out anything he could about anything. Rion didn't know what it was he was looking for but he was looking into everything to see if he missed anything. He was also discreetly trying to find the two vampires that went missing Clayton and Barron. A few of the guards and the stuff thought the pair had been kidnapped, only because they didn't want to face the truth. Rion and I both knew without a doubt that the pair had something to do with the attacks. And when we found them, they were going to end up dead. I was ready for a fight, I was ready for all of this to be over.

Nick and Sirena were up walking around which was great. It seemed they were stronger than before, we thought it had something to do with my blood but we didn't know that for sure. Nick was spending as much time as he could with his family. And as of right now nothing was helping get his memory back. But I am going to come up with something, I have to.

I was in the library when Rion walked in, and you could see the toll the stress was taking on him.

"Hey man" I sad.

He pushed his hand through his hair "Hello Charlie."

"You need a break" I told him.

"I wish I could take a break but there is so much that needs to be done."

"I totally understand but your going to burn yourself out, and just remember if you need anything I'm here."

"Thank you but you have enough to worry about with your mate and the pack."

"So true but I could use a break from my problems."

Brad walked in the room "sorry to interrupt but Eli told me to come find you Rion, he said that you were needed right away."

Rion sighed "Thank you, if you will excuse me."

Rion left, so Brad sat in down and smiled at me.

"So Char, how are you holding up?"

"Not good, I can't help but feel useless because I have no idea what to do. And I know it kills the pack that Nick can't remember them."

"It does but they have to get over that because the one that's really hurting is Nick and the only thing that's matters is helping him get his memory back."

"When did you get so smart?" I asked.

"I've always been smart but you were just preoccupied with my good looks and charm to notice before.

"Right, that must have been it" I said while laughing.

"Of course it was now I'm hungry, walk with me."

So the two of us headed to the kitchen where we found Pam standing in front of the stove.

"Hey what are you cooking?" I asked.

"Steak. I need something to help with the stress" Pam answered.

"Yeah because that's going to help, you'll only get fat" I said under my breath.

"You said something Charlie?" Pam asked.

"No nothing" I said shaking my head.

"Can I have some of that?" Brad asked back on the food topic.

"Have some of what?" Krystal asked coming into the kitchen. "You're not trying to have sex Pam are you?"

"Who's trying to have sex with Pam?" Danny asked coming into the kitchen.

"Brad" Krystal answered. Danny gave Brad a hard look.

"No I wasn't" Brad said moving back from Danny.

"Wait, what's wrong with me?" Pam asked.

"What, nothing. I was just saying that I wasn't trying to have sex with you not that I wouldn't. You're beautiful I would."

"Oh okay" Pam said. I looked at Danny who shrugged.

"What about me? Would you have sex with me?" Krystal asked pushing her breast out into Brad's face.

"Oh hell yeah" was his answer.

"Yes!" Krystal said happily.

"Why does she get a hell yeah?" Pam asked pouting.

"Because I'm freaking awesome" Kris said.

"Hell fucking yeah I would totally do both of you, hell at the same time if you wanted" Brad said.

"Well okay then" Pam said as she went back to cooking.

I shook my head, there was really something wrong with my family.

Just then Eli came into the kitchen, he bowed slightly when he saw me, so I smiled at him.

"Mrs. Kane, I was told to find you, Mr. Kane is looking for you" Eli said.

"Thanks Eli," I said then turned back to the pack. "Hey guys when your done here come find me."

I turned and left to find my mate.

************************** 

So what do you think?