Charlie and the Wolf Pack {31}

Chapter Thirty-One

I sighed, what the hell was going on.

"Well who was that?" Wade asked.

"I don't know, but do I know for sure that she was not Megan Barrett, because I looked her up." Danny said.

"Okay so what do we do know?" Nick asked.

"We see where she's going, I put an undetectable, untraceable tracking device on her phone that she will active as soon as she uses it."

"Oh you're good, really good" I said.

"Thank you."

"Question, where is the real Megan Barrett? Penny asked.

"That's what we need to find out" Danny said.

"This is getting stupid we are not cops. Whatever happened to just telling someone you wanted to fight them. And then you meet them in the schoolyard at three 'o clock to duck it out?"

I was getting a headache just thinking about sneak attacks and would be assassins'. It was all becoming too much.

"I know honey. Let's go back to the house and see what Sirena wants to do about this" Nick said as he squeezed my hand comforting me.

So I called Rion and told him what happened before we portaled five backs away from the house. We walked the rest of the way which was fine with me because I could really use the air.

Finally we were back at the house and I realized I was extremely tired for no reason. What the hell was wrong with me? But you know what I didn't have time to care what my problem was right now. We walked into the door when -random thought I could really go for a blueberry muffin right now.

"Charlotte dear, the papers from the school just got here" Abby said coming down the stairs.

I sighed, school just what I needed right now.

"What did they say?"

"It took a lot of talking but they finally gave in due to the circumstances. They gave the three of you different packets, fifty pages, and ever subject is in there. You have three weeks to hand it in. this is a semester worth of work, if you pass this then you only have to go back and take your finale exam. Then you can go graduate with your class."

Great a fifty page packet of school work like I didn't have enough shit to deal with. I shook my head then headed to Sirena's office where everyone was waiting. Sirena moved out the way so Danny could sit at her desk, once he sat down his fingers were moving over the keyboard at lighting speed.

"Oh okay, she used the phone so that means everything she does on that phone I know" Danny said sounding like a kid with a new toy.

I shook my head and smiled, I loved him and just thinking that made me truly realize how much I depended on having all of these people in my life. It also made me realize the lengths I would go to keep them there, we were move than a pack of wolves running together we were a family.

"Rion, send a few guards to the real Megan Barrett's house and pick her up. Danny please pull up a picture of her so we know what she looks like" Sirena said taking charge like he queen she was.

Rion walked out of the room to do what his queen said. I needed something to drink and one was waved in my face. I smiled it was like Nick was a mind reader, I took the cup and drank it. I felt drained again so maybe I was just tired.

"What do you want us to do?" Shawn asked.

That was a good question.

"Nothing as of right now, we will see what happens when the guys come back."

I nodded then headed back to my room, I took off my shoes and got right into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. . .

"I'm glad your back" Dream Lady said from behind me.

"I bet you are, so what's on the agenda for today?" I asked feeling like I needed to sit down.

"Let's try finishing what we were working on last night."

Great, I know I could move the water let's see if I could move the sand. Without even having to try the sand came out the water and held there.

"Charlotte, now that was amazing, you have been practicing I see."

"I have been, but it's just been with water" I told her.

"Well that's good, now we can move on to something el- are you alright?" She asked taking in the way I was holding myself.

"Yeah, I'm just tired, but never mind that. What are we going to do now?"

"I want you to freeze the water."

Well that didn't sound easy at all, how did she think I was going to do that.

"Relax, this sound be really easy, children of Demonkind can do this in a little as their fourth year."

"Four years old can do this, no pressure or anything."

I mean really if a four year old could do this and I couldn't what did that say about me. I shook my head and turned to Dream Lady.

"Well what do I do?" I asked.

"Touch the water and let it come to you."

Man the helpfulness of this woman didn't cease to amaze me. So I walked over to the water and put my hand into it. And before I knew it the water was frozen, well that was easy. I wasn't a magical invalid, go me.

"See, I told you it would be easy now unfreeze it."

I closed my eyes thought I didn't have to because the water was liquid again. This was seriously cool.

"Moving on, I want you to make a wall of ice."

"Oh cool, out of the water?" I asked.

She shook her head, "No, out of nothing."

Dream Lady say what?

"How do I do that?" I asked.

"Just make it happen."

Well that was just great, she was an amazing teacher. Not! Make it happen was what she me. How the hell was I suppose to do that without any water but then I realized I had water. The body was made up of 70% of water so maybe that could help. As soon as the thought popped into my head, water shot from my hand turning to ice in mid-air. It was creating a wall by itself. This was totally wicked.

"Very good Charlotte."

"Thank you, I try."

Dream Lady smiled and she was talking or at least I think she was talking, her lips were moving but I couldn't hear her or anything. Everything was spinning, Dream Lady was fading from my view. What was happening?

"Charlie . . . Charlie, baby, wake up."

Someone was shaking me, but how was that happening.

"Baby get up."

I opened my eyes to find Nick was shaking me, I was back in the real world. That was weird, I've never woken up like that before.

"What's going on?" I asked.

I put my head on my stomach and made a face, what the hell was happening.

"Come on, the guards are back with Megan" Nick said.

"Okay, let's go."

Nick helped off the bed but I stopped because my stomach was hurting.

"Are you alright?" Nick asked.

When I got my breathing together I nodded "Yeah, I'm okay let's go."

And together my mate and I walked out of the bedroom, hand in hand.

_____________________________________________________________

Vote. And I know Portaled isn't a real word.

*Smiles* 

--Necie