Charlie and the Wolf Pack {47}

Chapter Forty-Seven

“I have a bad feeling about this” Lily said.

“About what Lil?” Shawn asked.

“Our boys going out to get this Jared Walker person, something just doesn’t seem right and it has me worried.”

“Relax Lil, if anyone can take off themselves its our boys and beside they have Charlie and Romulus with them” Shawn told her.

“What about Wade?” Brad asked.

“We said our boys. Wade is just as much ours as he is anyone else’s. We raised that boy” Lily.

“Yeah we all grew up together, like one big family. I’m going check on Danny” I said then walked out the room.

I felt like I was losing myself, everything was becoming too much and I needed to take a break. I walked into the library and quietly closed the door behind me. Danny was sitting behind the desk with his face in a book.

“Hey Kris, what’s up?” Danny asked as I walked in.

“Nothing I’m a little bored and really I needed a break.”

“Yeah and I’m sure that has nothing to do with Jenny upstairs” Danny said with a knowing look.

“This has nothing to do with her or anyone.”

He shook his head “Bullshit Kris, the girl told you that she loved you.”

I sighed “Danny please.”

“Fine, just tell me this one thing did you love her?”

Man I didn’t want to talk about this, I didn’t even really want to call them but we needed the help of people we could trust to fight with us.

“I did love her and I think a part of me will always love her but she isn’t my mate.”

Danny nodded “I understand. Do you want some cookies?”

I love the way he changed the subject “Dan, you are the best big brother in the world.”

“I am, aren’t I?”

“Yes, yes, you are” I said as I took a few cookies.

Danny was my brother from another mother literally. Growling up things were not always good, I didn’t know who my father was until I was eight. It was just me and my mother and let me tell you know life was not always the bee’s knees. No my mother was a wolf who loved to party and party hard, I was always cramping her style. My life changed when I was eight that was when I met my father for the first time, it was when my mother died and it was when I made my first kill. It was a time that I really didn’t like to talk or think about because while my life changed in good ways and in bad way it changed something deep within me.

The night my mom died I was outside playing in our backyard because my mother was having a 'friend'over. And whenever she had ‘company’ I wasn’t allowed in the house and that was okay because I was good at staying away from her, but it was a real bitch in the winter. At the time it was a warm night and I was sitting in the grass relaxing when I heard the sound of my mother’s howl. I scrambled up and went back inside the house worried for my mother. She was for lack of a better word weak and while the man she bought home wasn’t giving off any strong dominate vibes he was still stronger than my mother. When I ran back inside the two of them were fighting and I was really scared. Though I didn’t like the choices she made she was still my mother and this guy was going to kill her.