Charlie and the Wolf Pack {17}

*Nick's P.O.V*

It had been an hour since I spoke to Charlie and in that hour I had been doing some thinking. I felt like the answer to everything and especially as to whose CM was staring me right in the face. I was ready for this to be over I was ready to go back home and spend time with my mate. It pissed me off that I couldn't be there for them when they went to fight. And I was really pissed off that those bitches tried to kill my brother.

"Hey Spider."

I turned around to find Barron walking my way, Barron was a vampire and had been one for the last twenty years. He looked like he was in his late twenties, he worked here doing errands, I think. I don't know, really he seems kind of dumb so I never wasted my time talking to him. I wondered what he wanted now.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Nothing, just saw you, where are you headed?"

"To see Sirena."

"Q -q -queen S- Sirena?"

"Do you know another Sirena that lives here?"

"Oh, oh no" he said in a small voice. There was something wrong with him, he was acting weird or at least I think this is weird for him.

"So how long have you been working here?" I asked.

"Ah, um about ten months" his voice started to shake.

"So how do you go about getting a job working for the vampire queen?" I asked just to be polite.

"H-ho-how did I ge-get a job here?"

"I just asked that" I think he's a person with special needs.

"Clay, he got me a job here, he's been a good friend to me."

"That's great, well it was nice talking to you" I said trying to get away from him.

I went to the library to look up a few things, something just wasn't right here. When I got in the library I saw Mara, she was a young vampire about twenty, she was a maid.

"Mr. Kane please come in, there are some things I've heard that I must tell you" Mara said and she looked scared.

I walked closer to her "okay what's wrong?"

She looked around before answering me "do you know anything about the Magnus clan?"

"No" I said shaking my head.

"They were an enemy of my Queen, back in days when she was new to the crown. My Queen led her army and she was wonderful in that fight defeating the Magnus clan."

"That's great" I told her unsure of where this was going.

"No one pays any attention to us maids so we hear things. My Queen killed the Magnus King Cormack. His wife went into hiding, she resurfaced years later with a young man, who looked so much like her. I called a cousin of mine, she knows more than me, she told me that if my Queen hadn't defeated Cormack Magnus, Clayton would have been a prince."

Holy shit. That made so much sense, I wonder if Sirena knew about this.

"Thanks Mara, I have to go" I said waking out of the room, I had to tell Sirena this.

Clay would have been the prince of the Magnus clan. CM. Sonofabitch. This guy was a royal guard, he had access to the Queen. He could have easily staked her when she was alone. I can't believe I didn't see it before, Clay was a little odd. He wants to kill her so he can be King. I was almost to Sirena when I felt the blow to the back of my head. Shit I thought as I slipped into darkness.

*Queen Sirena's P.O.V*

I felt like I was slowly losing my mind, how was I suppose to rule a kingdom this way. Someone was trying to kill me and in my own home at that, what the hell was going on here. There was so much going on and I felt like I couldn't keep up, I am getting too old to deal with this shit anymore.

"My Queen, they sent me with your lunch" said Ellis a maid.

"Thank you, my dear" I said taking the cup from her.

She bowed her head and walked out room, I sniffed the cup and it smelt fine. I drank the blood then walked out of the throne room, and I made my way to my office.

"Oh hey, I was just looking for you" a voice said from my left, It was Dante.

"Hello handsome, what can I help you with?"

"Charlie and everyone is on their way and-" he stopped mid-sentence and I knew why.

The scent of blood and death was getting stronger the closer we got to my office. The two of us rushed towards the smell and the dying wolf at my office door. I swayed to the side only to have Dante catch me.

"Are you okay?"

"My head, something isn't right" I told him.

"Okay, go inside and sit down" he told him and usually I don't take orders from anyone but right now it wasn't such a bad thing.

"Okay, bring the wolf inside" I said.

My vision was becoming fuzzy and I could hardly stand, so I sat in the chair in front of my desk, putting my head in my hands. This is unbelievable I let someone catch me slipping and surely I would die because of it. I heard a noise and then a cry of pain. I stood up only to realize that it wasn't such a good idea. I had to grab the chair just to keep my balance. Slowly I hit the button on the side of my desk, the button that called the head of my guards. Rion.

The door flew open sending two bodies crashing in with it. My sense of sight and smell were already failing me. I couldn't smell a thing and I could only make out the form of two people fighting but that was all. Right now I was scared, not of dying so much, but I was scared of the unknown and of failing my people. Then suddenly I found that my hearing was abandoning me as well.

"You sonofabitch!" That voice I knew it was Dante.

I could hear the struggling but found that I was in no position to be of any help. There was one other time in my life when I felt this helpless and that was when my brother died. There were things in my life that I would do again given the chance and nothing more so than being there for Charlie when she was growing up. At the time Carrie May and myself thought we were doing what was best for Charlie. By letting her grow up as normal as any child could with a witch for a grandmother, without laying too much on her.

"You would die for a vampire?" I heard a voice that sounded familiar say faintly.

"Not for a vampire, not for the Queen but for Sirena" said Dante. His voice was clear in my head.

"Very well then wolf, have it your way" said that voice again.

"Dante don't. Leave" I said in a voice that sounded nothing like my own. This voice sounded small and weak.

"Don't worry Sirena" Dante told him. Yeah right like that was easy.

Then in the distance or what sounded like the distance to me I heard the pounding of feet.

"S o seu lobo está morto e a sua morte será minha!" said that voice again only this time it sounded far away now.

The pounding of feet got closer. My eye lids got heavier, it was getting harder to hold myself together. And I realized I didn't want to anymore, I was ready to let go, but then what kind of Queen would I be. Suddenly arms were around me, it was a soft, loved embrace and I felt safe. Now I could let sleep come for me.

"My love" was the last thing I heard before darkness over took me.

("S o seu lobo está morto e a sua morte será minha" Means "Your wolf is dead and your death shall be mine." In Portuguese.) 

***************************** 

So What do you think?