Charlie and the Wolf Pack {19}

Chapter Nineteen

*A Week Later*

I was sitting in the same room my Pack left me in, I was sitting in the chair next to Nick's bed. All week it was the same thing healers, witches, Pack doctors and all sorts of people came and tired to see if they could help. Nothing helped. Sirena was the same way as she was when we got here. Nick on the other hand was getting worst and no one knew how to help. There was a door connecting Nick and Sirena's rooms, right now that door was open and I could see Rion sitting in Sirena's room.

"You love her don't you?" I said in a low voice but I knew he could hear me.

"How did you guess?"

"You watch her like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time, not like a guard watching his Queen."

"I do love her and it kills me that I can't help her. But even if I could I know nothing will change between us."

After that neither one of us said a thing and I was grateful for the silence I didn't want to speak with anyone and I knew Rion felt the same. What I wanted was my mate back. I had been sitting in this chair for an hour when Connor walked in.

"Come eat" he said.

Who the fuck said I wanted to eat.

"I'm not hungry" I said not looking up from Nick.

"Charlie if you don't get up and eat you'll die."

I shrugged my shoulders "I don't care."

"Really Charlie you don't care? Nick wouldn't want you to be this way."

"Well Nick can't tell me that himself now can he."

"What about the rest of us, you're our Alpha act like it."

"Maybe I don't want to be Alpha, why can't you do it?" I said in a low voice.

"You can't mean that, Charlie yo-"

"I CAN'T DO IT! Just leave me alone" I said and now I was crying again. I heard footsteps and then the door close, Connor was gone leaving me with my mate.

What was the point of fighting if I couldn't save my mate? I felt this whole thing was my fault for not getting here sooner. I couldn't go and eat with the Pack, I felt like I failed them. I couldn't face them knowing Nick could die, how could I face his family, everyone who was important to him. How could I go down there and tell them that we would get through this. How could I protect them when I couldn't even protect the most important person in my life.

"You know they need you" Rion said and I had forgotten he was there.

"What they need is Nick and I can't give them that."

"But you are a family and you'll through this together."

"I can't face them" I said on a sigh.

"Yes you can. Your mate is lying here but there is a whole group of people downstairs who need you as much as you need them. So get off your ass and go be with them. Then we'll help these two and then kill the bastards that did this."

He was right, I didn't have to be alone my family was downstairs.

"Only if you do the same" I said causing him to smile for the first time in weeks.

Together we got up and went too face life. I was done felling sorry for myself, I was going to fix this.

*Five Days Later*