rotterdam

Sunday 10th May ; leaving Milan to go to Rotterdam.

I quickly packed my things inside my luggage. I planned to wake up at 6, to get all my things packed and check but that didn't happen. Instead I woke up at 9 and the flight was at 11.

I had called Victoria to tell her about everything and how I woke up late. She was so comforting and calming that she managed to calm me. Damiano had left because he wanted to check if the others were ok and was planning to go to the airport with them. I had decided to listen to their songs, besides they calmed me down a lot and changed my mood often. I played Coraline. It was my favourite song from their recent album, Teatro D'Ira because it showed the reality that we live in and was relatable for me. I tried not to think about my past and focus on the song. I started singing along to it, the Italian language was so beautiful and the way Damiano sang it, it was like he gave his heart out and he said the words of the song so clear.

'E Coraline piange
E Coraline l'ansia
Coraline vuole il mare ma paura dell'acqua
E forse l'mare dentro di lei'

Then I heard the door open; it was Kate. "Hey." Kate said not speaking much.

"Hey Kate how was it?" I turned around to look at her and she looked like she was crying. "Have you been crying.. why?" I asked her.

"He cheated. And I believed him, that he didn't cheat but apparently when I was gonna leave a woman came and she called him baby, so I left and told him to fuck off. But I loved him Jade, I really did." She hugged me and I held her tightly. "It's ok Katy it happened to me millions of times before and I always got out of it strongly." Yeah except for that one time where I almost...

"Thanks Jade, you are the bestfriend I never thought I needed." She said to me in a genuine smile.

"Now I gotta continue checking if I packed everything because I'm leaving for 2 weeks, I'm going to Rotterdam with my boyfriend and his friends."

"Ooh are they representing Italy?" Kate asked me.

"Yes they are, don't forget to watch the Eurovision final."

"I won't don't worry." She smiled at me.

Then I got a text on my phone from Victoria.

Hey meet us at the studio at 10 xx
-seen-

Ok Vic, I'm coming x
-seen-

"I got to go Kate, I will miss you so much and don't do anything stupid without me and do not forget to call me, love you."

"Bye love you too, good luck and have fun."

I waved to her and left with my luggage and my car keys. Let's go to Rotterdam baby.

***

I opened the doors to their studio and there I saw Victoria, Ethan, Thomas and Damiano all ready with their luggage and instrument covers.

"Hi Jade!" Victoria said letting go of her luggage and running over to hug me. "Hi Victoria, Hi guys!" I said hugging her back and then running over to the others.

"Hi baby." I said to Damiano as I gave him a quick peck on the lips.
"Lovebirds" I heard Victoria mutter through a smile. I smiled at her.

"So are we gonna go to Rotterdam or what?" I said smiling at them.

They all gave me a reassuring yes and we all went outside to put our luggages in the big car they had. Damiano insisted on driving even though I told him I could drive so he could rest and not get tired driving. We all sang their songs except zitti e buoni, because Damiano was kind of sick of the song. I mean I don't blame him, imagine studying a song for months, I know what that feels like. We parked in a spot and got our luggages out. Damiano kissed my forehead and led the way to the airport entrance. We booked at the reception and waited for our flight that only had about 30 minutes until takeoff. We spoke and laughed to shake off our nerves.

"Michelle is coming to Rotterdam to see us. She's a nice friend." Damiano told me.

"Yeah she is." I kinda wanted to know her last name and I kinda didn't. I didn't want to become obsessed with a girl who probably doesn't even know who I am and that Damiano claims she's just a friend. But then I wanted to see if Damiano ever commented on a picture of hers the way he comments on mine. I sighed and shook the feeling off, I had to stop being jealous. Besides she was supportive you know, coming all the way to Rotterdam to see them perform, unless she was only here to see Damiano. A few seconds later we heard someone say that flight from Milan to Rotterdam was leaving soon so we grabbed our tickets, showed them to the reception and left to go to the flight that was taking us to the beautiful city of Rotterdam.

***
'Che ho paura di sparire..'

During the flight there was who slept and there was who played a game on their phone. I was one of those who slept because I was tired and exhausted from all the packing. When we arrived we all had a taxi waiting for us to get us to Ahoy Rotterdam; the arena that they were gonna perform in. When we arrived at the arena we all admired the arena in awe. It was the most beautiful and biggest arena I had ever seen.

*****