Chapter 25: Doomslayer (2)

Author's Note:
Visit my discord server for updates, announcements, and discussion for my stories! We get hundreds of messages per day, if not thousands! Link is also available in my profile page.
https://discord.gg/ymbTbNw

Check out my Patreon if you love my work! For every $20 I receive, I will gift a new chapter of Summoning America for all readers! Progress is currently at $76 out of $80. https://patreon.com/drdoritosmd

——

Demon Lord's Army Headquarters

Sensing impending doom, Nosgorath issued an abrupt order to regroup his army in the forest. Recognizing the threat of American aircraft, he moved his army through the extensive caverns that featured throughout the nearby mountains. Leaving only a small group of orcs and goblins to maintain his headquarters, he rounded every other unit for the assault.

While traveling through the tunnels, he found himself pestered by the Red and Blue Ogres, who were struck with trepidation. "Master, why are we moving underground?"

"We must remain hidden from their flying ships. Normally, they would not pose a threat. This is if we have our standard arsenal from the creators. I sometimes forget that the inferior races may sometimes pose a threat, such as those four heroes."

"The ones who killed our brothers?"

"Yes. Although I doubt they have such powerful individuals in the modern era, it is clear that they don't need them anymore. They've advanced more slowly than I expected, only managing to go from propellers to light-discharge engines in the span of millennia. I anticipate that they'll deploy similar tactics, so we must refrain from engaging in direct combat until we are as close as possible to their walls."

"How will we do that?"

Nosgorath pointed to the Scarlet Dragon, who carried crates of magic gems on its back. "I would have used the magic gems we've looted so far, but the gems produced by the inferior races are well... inferior. Using the creators' gems, I will create an immense shield to protect us until we reach the gate. Until then, I do not wish to waste mana, so we must make our way through the forests."

"Oh, what an intelligent plan!" The Red Ogre praised him.

"The Demon Lord Nosgorath, our very own master, is a genius!" The Blue Ogre added his thoughts.

Before Nosgorath could accept the praise, an immense rumbling shook the tunnels, causing small rocks to fall down. Soft, but discernible thuds echoed through the caverns as the shaking continued. "They must have found our headquarters..." Nosgorath lamented. "Now there's no turning back."

——

Tormis, Topa Kingdom

Moah felt his heart skip a beat as he saw the fleet of B-52 bombers head for the Demon Lord's base. "Just three were enough to completely decimate the Demon Lord's first army... Surely ten is a bit much?"

"Not at all, Sir Moah," the chubby general stated, his eyes hidden behind a dark pair of sunglasses. "See, we don't take too kindly to demons. We don't know much about 'em, aside from speculation from our culture and the information you've got, so we decided to make sure they're dead. Can't take any risks with the minions of the Devil."

"That's reasonable..." Moah muttered.

"And we also don't get the opportunity to practice large-scale bombing. Last time we did that was a century ago, but since there ain't any rules of war here, we're now running some exercises. Just in case, of course."

Moah nodded, finding General Hammond's attitude and reasoning to be fascinating. He's heard rumors that the Americans were wealthy enough to siege a town by simply dumping money on it. If these rumors were even remotely true, then dropping tons of bombs wouldn't make the slightest dent on their wallets. Just how much did these people spend on their military budget?