Chapter 5

Brahms was impressed. The new nanny actually decided to accept the job.

It's probably the money, he thought to himself.  He wondered how she will take care of the inanimate version of him. He chuckled as he imagined her talking to the doll with a baby voice.

It was now half past 6 in the morning, and Isabelle's job as a nanny will start in 30 minutes. Brahms couldn't wait. He watched as she quickly prepares a breakfast fit for four people. He raised his eyebrows at this. It was not part of her job as a nanny to cook for his parents as well.

After setting the table, Isabelle made a quick work of waking the doll and dressing it up. Brahms could tell that she finds the task awkward, but still went along with it. Mr. and Mrs. Heelshire were already there in the dining area when she arrived.

"Oh dear, did you prepare all of this? You didn't have to." Mrs. Heelshire said.

"It's no problem, Mrs. Heelshire. I love cooking." Isabelle meekly answered.

The aroma of the freshly made bacon and pancakes wafted through Brahm's nose, causing him to -not for the first time- curse his current predicament. What he would not give just to be able to sit there and enjoy breakfast with them. But it was not to be, for residing beyond these walls are the only thing keeping his parents from abandoning him.

A deal he made 20 years ago. As long as he does not show himself to anybody, they will stay.

After eating their breakfast, Isabelle rose to clean the table and set the left-overs aside as per her employers' instructions. Mrs. Heelshire gathered the doll in her arms and told Isabelle that they wanted to talk to Brahms privately for a few minutes. Isabell nods and watched as her employers took "Brahms" upstairs.

After Mr. and Mrs. Heelshire left her to settle down last night, she came up with a conclusion. She concluded that Mrs. Heelshire is suffering from some form of mental disorder that allows her to believe that her son is actually alive and well. And she sees no point in correcting her. Losing a child is hard, and if that is the only way she can cope up with that loss, then Isabelle wouldn't try to take it from her. She feels bad for them. Poor Heelshires.