Chapter 11

"You're not leaving." Said a voice from behind. Isabelle spun around and came face to face with the masked man from earlier.

"Wh-who are you? What do you want?" she shakily asked. The man took his time in answering her. Finally, he looked at her and said...

"My parents left. You can't leave, too."

Her eyes got wide with realization. "Brahms?"

No, it couldn't be. It doesn't make sense...or does it? He's supposed to be dead, but this would explain why the Heelshires are so intent on hiring a nanny, and why they acted like they did. She thought that it was just the trauma of losing a child, but no. It was much more than that. Much worse than that.

He looked down at the floor and took a deep breath. "We can have a deal. I will not show you myself again. I will go back to my wall and not bother you" he paused and looked at her "-but you have to stay and take care of Brahms."

"And if I don't want to?" she asked.

The man glared at her and grabbed her arms. He brought her close to him, so close that his mask touches her cheek. "You are not allowed to leave. You will stay here with Brahms. So it's either you accept it or I will lock you inside the wall with me." he threatened.

Isabelle let out a whimper. The man, Brahms, was surprisingly strong. She knows for sure that her arms will get bruised. "Alright, alright." she conceded. "Please, let me go. You're hurting me." she pleaded.

Brahms slowly released her, taking a few steps backwards to allow her some air. He looked anywhere except at her, guilty for the pain he had caused. He slowly took her bags from the floor and put them back in her room, leaving her sobbing in the dark.

---------------------------------

Isabelle's cries died down after a while. She doesn't know where to go or what to do. She's scared out of her wits. Slowly, she walked towards her old room, keeping her guard up in case he shows up again. Once she reached it, she immediately locked herself inside. Her bags are now lying on the bed empty, and upon inspection, she found out that Brahms took the time to return her belongings back to the drawers. He made a very messy job, she noted.

Feeling tired and helpless, Isabelle had no choice but to lay down. There's nothing at the moment that could help her. She doesn't have any friend or relative she could call, or any strength to fight Brahms. Soon, she slowly began to dose off.