Chapter 8

Brahms watched as the delivery man make inquiries about his Isabelle. Yes, his Isabelle indeed. He had decided that he likes her and that she was not the snotty brat he was expecting. She's kind, as far as he could tell. Genuine and pretty, too.

I wonder if she'll fall for a man like Malcolm...he briefly wondered. But he quickly swatted the thought away. Of course, she won't. She is Brahms' Isabelle. And then, he wondered if she'll fall for a man like him. But how could she? She does not even know Brahms.

This did not deter him from imagining the what if's. What would it be like to be loved and coddled by a woman like her? I bet Brahms would make a good husband if given the opportunity, he mused. I am strong. Wealthy, too. 

His musings were cut off by Malcolm announcing his departure. He has more groceries to deliver, he said. He was almost out the door when he turned around.

"So...there was this carnival in town. And we could go if you'd like...?" he hesitantly asked. Brahms could not believe his audacity.

Isabelle immediately declined. "I'm sorry, but I cannot leave this house. It was one of the rules. Beside, you said so yourself that the Heelshires must've trusted me a lot to leave their house to me. I can't betray that trust." she gently explained.

Slightly dejected, Malcolm could only nod and make his final goodbye. But not before promising to be back soon. He wanted to know her more.

Both Brahms and Malcolm were enchanted by Miss Williams, it seems.

After seeing Malcolm out, Isabelle went on with the doll's, Brahms, schedule. First on the list, poetry. She gathered the doll and placed it gently on the cushioned chair. She chose a book she thinks is interesting and situated herself in front of the doll. She still think it odd that she's babysitting an inanimate object but if this is what her employers want, then it shall be so.

"Alright, here we go." she said as she started to read the poem.

Brahms, despite hearing this piece hundreds of times before, listened eagerly. He had grown to like her voice, along with her cooking. He wish she would sing to him. He knows for sure she would sing beautifully.

As he listen to her, his desperation to show himself increases. He knows that he's not supposed to and that his presence will only serve to scare her, but he still longed for her to know about him. Instead, Brahms had an idea.

When it was time for lunch, Isabelle took the doll with her to the kitchen. She played some music on the radio and went to cooking. The menu for today is a simple spaghetti with meatballs. She busied herself, and soon finishes within an hour. She was about to place a portion of food in front of the doll when she noticed a box sitting on it's lap. The box was not there before, she was sure.

A little creeped out, Isabelle took the box and slowly opened it. Inside was a beautiful pearl necklace. It looks lovely, but she wondered where it came from. She was never one to believe in ghosts, but the idea of seeing still does not sit right with her. Quickly, she closed the box and placed it above the fireplace.