Chapter 10

Brahms is livid. He couldn't see straight. His body shook with fury.

How could they? How could they?! Brahms did all they told him to do. And now, they leave?

In his fit of anger, Brahms slammed his body on the wall. Again and again, until the wall could no longer hold itself. If they could not hold their end of their bargain, neither will he.

They left. They left Brahms.

Brahms never felt so betrayed. He is now blinded with rage.

Slowly, Brahms emerged from the hole he created on the wall. For first time in 20 years, he will be setting foot out of his wall. He no longer has to hide. And he no longer will.

Finally out of his hiding, Brahms stood face to face with his nanny.

She stood frozen before him, eyes wide and breathing heavily. She reminded him of those rats that love to sneak in his room. Small and cheeky, but cowers at the sight of him.

She tried to take a step backwards, and Brahms watched as the girl lost her consciousness and dropped like a a rag on the ground.

-------------------------------

Isabelle woke with a pounding headache. She was lying on the floor. For a moment, she wasn't able to recall anything, but her memories came flooding back when she spotted a masked man with a tall stature crouching before her.

A scream bubbled up her throat, effectively making the man jump. He did not expect it.

The man quickly approached her and yelled at her to stop.

"Stop screaming!" he yelled.

"Stay away from me!" she yelled back, pushing him away. 

Isabelle slowly stopped screaming. Tears were now running down her face. She has never been this frightened nor confused. The masked man stared at the area where she had touched him, and after a while, slowly backed away from her and went back to his hole on the wall.

Isabelle took the chance to run to her room and lock herself in.

What the hell was that?

She needs to get away from there. She quickly packed her bags, not really making sure that everything is in there. It's not important right now.

Making sure that the coast is clear, Isabelle ran as fast as she can towards the door.

It was locked.

She tried another exit, any exit she could think of. Locked. Even the windows are locked. What is she going to do now?