Chapter 15: A crazy heart.

"Fara is Nour's wife." My jaw dropped. My heart sank into my stomach and my brows knotted itself.

"What?"

"Well. Sorry ex wife." This still wasn't a relief.

"They broke up last year but I don't think they made it very public but if you're in his Cycle you'd know."

I laugh. “That’s not true. You're joking." I was serious. As I looked at him looking at me like I was playing. I was just waiting for him to say he was pulling a prank.

"That's not possible." I drop my hands. His mother never mentioned it. The first time i met his mum she mentioned how Nour was enjoying the bachelors lifestyle.

And again, My mother never did. Then it hit me.

My mum wanted to say something the other day, Is that why she wanted me to avoid him.

"Are you seeing the light." I shake my head In disbelief.

"I thought you guys were close that he would tell you this." He tells me.

"How long was he married?"

He laughs. Then looks away from me.”I..it...is not really my place to say."

"Oh C'mon Mukhtar."

"Honestly I can't say more than I said. It's like they kept it a secret for a reason, I already feel terrible telling you this, it's not my place. Please understand, we came here to get to know each other, please let's do that." He finally looks up taking a gulp from his cup. I could tell very well he was upset.

I nod understanding.

The waiter brings my ice-cream and I squeal cheerfully. "You love ice-cream?" He asks.

"Not really, I just haven’t had it in months." I reply digging in. I was trying to act normal but i couldn't let go of the thought that he is married. Or was. Married.

"When was your last relationship?" He asks me.

"It was I think two years ago."

"Wow. Two years?" I nod.

"When was yours." I ask him the same question.

"Two months I think." I paused for a second then swallowed my ice-cream, two months and he is already moving on?

"Two months? Oh my what happened."

"We just both fell out of love." He replies me shrugging.

"Is that possible?" I ask him wondering how that was even remotely possible, look once I find love again there is no exit.

"Yes It is. We dated for a year and just the zeal wasn't there anymore. We both got tired. And the love just." He snaps his fingers, Signaling vanishing.

"Do you miss her." I asked and he almost chocked on his drink. "Of course I don't. I do think about her and the moments we shared you know, which is normal for everyone in the first year of breakup but I am happy and lucky to be talking to someone who for the first time in my life every thing just feels right with." My heart sunk, I knew he was talking about me but i still want to be sure.

"And who might that lucky girl be." I ask looking at my food.

He smirks, "You." I look to meet his eyes and he smiles sipping his drink not breaking eye contact and i suddenly forgot how to breathe.

"And i am the one who's lucky." He adds receiving his own dessert.

I smiled back. Mukhtar is so romantic. He was that 1% of Nigerian men i only find in books.