Chapter 11: New job.

I couldn't help but notice how his face changed. It was more of annoyed than happy as i thought he would be.

"You left the game." Malika smiled cheerfully. Lightly stroking his shoulder. Nour maintained his straight face.

"Why did you tell Hafiz that." Malika then looked puzzled. "But. I-I." It was obvious Nour was not happy with what ever she did.

"Why? Why would you even think of that." He looked angry but sounded like he wasn't angry.

I realised this was a private conversation. So i slowly turn on my heels.

"Nour really?." She sounded pained

"Don't start. I made it very clear from the beginning, before Fara and after. I made it clear."

"So this is why you have been avoiding me...." She said more but i could barely hear them any more but i really wanted to know what it was about. "Boo!" Someone shouts from beside me. I turn and i see Sani. He searches my eyes and then smiles.

"I scared you." He beems

I shook my heard. "Actually. no i heard your foot steps." I lied.

Sani was dark skinned and probably around Nour's height. But a bit chubby. "I never see you here. First time?"

"Yes. Are you guys done?"

"No. I wanted to ask Nour something. Good he is over there." He shifts his gaze towards Nour who was standing with Malika. Her hands where all over the place. God knows what she was arguing about with Nour.

Whilst he stood there calm totally opposite from her own reaction.

"Nour ala Nour." Sani shouts cuts them shut. "You still haven't changed. And from all indications you never will." Malika says turning towards us. "Mal, baby girl." She ignores Sani storming towards us and brushing her shoulders with his. "Not now Sani!" She yells, her wide long sleeves flying. I looked away from her i didn't want her to notice me.

"You never leave this early."

"I came to talk to someone."

"Oh Mal baby girl?" He asked

"No." Nour looks at his watch.

"Or wait are the rumours true. Are you guys?" Sani laughed. "Shege. Nour i honestly didn't think she was your spec. "Nour chuckles.

I didn't know why a part of my stomach sank in. Was it the shock or just because i am getting a new information.

"I have to go. Game tonight at Nasir's place." Nour informs Sani shaking his hand. "Good one." Nour turns and makes his leave.

I had hopped he would say something to me but he only gave me a short glance not even a smile or word.

Sani finally comes back to my view. "I forgot to ask you this. Do you have a map?"

"A map?"

"Yes, because i keep getting lost in your eyes." I chuckled. Pointing a finger at him. "Hahha. Cute."

"No but you really have pretty eyes. Wanna hear another one?" I smile. Then nod.

"I will do it another time. I dont want Mukthar to think i am making moves on his girl."

I fake a laugh. "I am not with Mukhtar." Sani smiles. "But you were together being all cute and shit." He pauses. "Sorry mind my language."