Chapter 4: Flash lights

*The next day

"Fatma. Are you done?"

"Yes Mom!." I replied as i put the last plate for my self on the dining.

I sat on the table waiting for everyone to finally come in and eat my favourite Yam porridge. We all sat, and all we spoke about was the wedding my mum was going Tomorrow.

"Nasir's mother and I, would be wearing the same lace."

"Who is getting married?" I asked. Taking water so i wouldn't chock on the yam

"Her sister's First daughter. I want you to find someone that would do our makeup."

"Mum you know i can do your makeup for you” I pass the jug with orange juice for Sadiya. "Remember the one I did for you on your birthday. " I added

"But I don't like how you do my brows. It would be soo arched i feel like a witch." I was close to rolling my eyes.

"Sadiya please look at Mom's brows are they not arched." My cousin looked and nodded. "Honestly Hajiya, They are arched there is no way around it."

"I want to believe a makeup artist can do something about it." She puts the yam inside her mouth and chews. I look back at Sadiya and she smiles before shaking her head.

"The makeup artist is just for me. You'd do yours your self, since you're so good.”

"Mom, i wasn't complaining." I shake my head.

"Ehen. I saw you were talking to Nour for almost an hour." She drops her spoon.

"Mom it was barely five minutes ."

"What did he tell you." She adds.

"Nothing. We were just talking."

"I wish you were talking to Nasiru not Nour. Nour is well...."

"Isn't Nasiru married and What happened to Nour?"

"He just isn't as friendly or nice. You know or kind like the rest of his siblings. He reminds me of you."

It was my turn to drop my utensils and face palm my self. "If you end up with someone like that. Your kids would be well very vile." My jaw dropped looking at my mother who looked distorted.

"Mommy!. We were just talking. T.A.L.K.I.N.G."

"I am just saying."

"Who is this Nour or Nasir. Hajiya."

"My colleague sons. Fatma was with one of the sons the whole time."

"It was for five minutes. Sadiya." I tell my cousin from across my seat.

"What ever. She was with him and for someone like Fatma don't you think its better for her to be with someone who is, well, opposite of her?"

Sadiya smiles softly. And i turn My attention away from them before my night gets ruined.

"I mean we all have the right to pick who we want to fall in love with, because that is who we want to spend the rest of our lives with." I overheard Sadiya.

"Thank You Sadiya." I muffled with the yam in my mouth.

"So it's wrong for me wanting the best for you?" My mum now turns it to me.

"Mum you want to turn this simple conversation into something that it's not. Me and Nour are like south and south or north and north of a magnet we can never attract each other." I spoke the truth, and was hoping she would know that I know i am not his type, if only she saw the girl that came out from his car. I mean he was handsome and all but he wasn't someone i even saw a future with.