Chapter 7: Cloudy Ex'es

"Oh. You're bluffing. You're Hafiz Jega right?" I looked at him.

Was this the same person my cousin thought was playing with a number one on his shirt?.

He has a goaty shaped beard and his eyes were dark with a slim face i looked away before he could even notice me staring.

"Yes i am." He chuckles. "Why aren't you playing." I heard Sadiya ask. But my heart was breaking when I noticed the white team scored a point.

"Oh I have an injury I can't play."

"Oh sorry about that."

"The game is almost over." I heard a bell ring loudly across the field. "There goes the bell." I notice the players gather at a point. Getting off their horses and someone's takes them away.

"What's your name." He asked her.

"It's Sadiya. This is my cousin Fatma." She lightly taps my thigh. I looked towards the young man probably in his late twenties.

"Hello." I waved.

"How was the game?" He asked with a soft smile. "It was..good. I enjoyed it." I added giving him the same smile. I noticed his gaze moved to someone in front of me as a shadow fell over Sadiya's eyes from my left.

"Mukhtar. Ah Good game." Hafiz stands giving him a bro hug. I finally looked up to meet his eyes but he was looking at Sadiya instead with a shocked look on her face.

"Wow. Sadiya. I am.. wow. Hi."

"OT. Hello." O.T?

I looked back at him and he finally notices me. "Fatma." I smiled back.

"You did very well. Congratulations on the game." I tell him. And he grins. "Is Sadiya the cousin?" He replies Resting on my right now and Sadiya on my left. "Yes she is. You guys know each other ?"

"Yes. We are friends." Mukhtar adds.

"Nour ala Nour." I heard Hafiz say from behind me. Mukhtar too looks up with a smile. They both had on their black Polo shirts, just like I predicted Nour had on the yellow band around his arm. "What's this for?" Hafiz touches it and Nour looks at it.

"Someone gave me."

"Nourr!." This area was getting crowded. I looked around and i see the more players coming around the canopy we were under.

The girl that squealed his name came to give him a side hug. She looked so familiar after thinking back i realised she was the girl with Nour the first time i saw him.

"You did good thanks to my head band." She took his helmet off his head as she bit her lips pointing at the band. "I disagree." He takes it off and hands it to her. She had on a blue and white stripped peplum shirt and blue jeans and my cousins type of hat. With her sunglasses in the middle of her shirt with a crossed shoulder bag.

She dropped his helmet on one of the empty chairs and i noticed an elder woman grabbing it with a grin, it was obvious they knew each other because she congratulated Nour.

The light skinned girl took the band handing her hat to him, she picks her braids that fell on ber back and pulled it in a bun before taking her hat back.

Before they notice me gawking I return my attention to the conversation of people before me.

"I think the reception is about to start now." Hafiz says. "A reception?"

"Yes kind of it's a charity event so they want to talk about the things they are giving out. You guys go in i would meet you there. " he says and i finally stand. "Nour. " Mukhtar calls and walks to his side. They spoke silently and Mukhtar waves at me.