Chapter 9: Loyal Steed

I jump down to examine the door with a thick vertical grey scratch on it and the pole with no scratch.

I look back at Nour and i see his straight face. "I am so sorry Nour. I. I." He kisses his teeth.

"Just get in the car." He looked his normal self so i didn't know if he was angry or not.

"The first right." I say very low too ashamed to raise my voice any higher.

He follows my directions."The next left." He followed driving at 20km per hour before i finally see my house.

"We are close its On the left." I say all this softly as we drove slowly to our destination.

He parked beside my door and i pause for a while. "I'm sorry." I hardly apologise to people because some don't deserve it. But this time i know. For a fact. No doubt. It's my fault.

"It's okay. As long as it's fixable. It probably is anyways." He takes both hands off the wheels and i see his bracelet, how have i never noticed it.

I sighed. Not wanting to go out so fast before all of a sudden a car comes and next thing you know boom..bang!. His door flings off.

"I.." i paused

"Thanks." I check carefully and came down the car. The cold drops of rain falling on my back made me quiver a bit. Not looking back i make my way to the house. I turn and i still see the car still there. He probably thinks i came to the wrong house. and then an idea pops in.

With my arms folded around my body I go back to the car. I couldn't see him from were i stood the car was really tinted so i knocked on the window. Watching it slowly slide down.

I know i am still angry for the other day. I don't think i am ever going to forgive that but i feel so guilty spoiling not one. But two of his cars. "I. am angry at you. But.." he scoffs but i carry on. "But to repay this i will pay for fixing it."

"Okay, if you want to." He looks away from me.

I turned back. I knew i had nothing for him to look back at so i jogged to my door.

What ever it is the gulit feels a lot less now.

Climbing the steps to my house i just wanted to hit my head so hard on the door as i wait for it to be unlocked. Why was i always damaging Nour's things. I really needed to stay away from him.

I don't know how but how was i planning on paying this guy with my zero pay check.

*

It's been five Days since and all i did was apply for schools here and there, still waiting for my transcript from school. As well as keeping my fingers crossed for my school to open.

I slept very late last night.

I was up all night watching The Last Airbender it was soo addictive that i forgot it was friday and i had to take my mom to work and my brother to school. But when my eyes opened it was 12pm no one had woken me up. I slept like a new born baby.

I brushed my teeth, Took my bath, and wore my pyjamas, I realised my cousin had gone to work there was a way she lays her bed if she is off to work. She tucks the sheets in tightly and drops her towel on her bed.

I go down stairs and it was empty just like i thought So therefore in conclusion i was home alone. My favourite moment in life, Being alone. Away from people and their troubles.

I bring my laptop to the kitchen as i made my breakfast. I was already half way with the chips i was making as i checked my mails.

I log in and refreshed a particular mail caught my eye.