Chapter 16: Curiosity found

Hey. This is embarrassing.
I haven't posted in 8months? Idk whos counting...anyways i went on a writers block phase. But i am back and what? Stronger. You don't belive me?. Oya read.

The next morning i wake up to Mukhtar's Good morning text. Well it wasn't a good morning text.

1:34am

Hey are you up? I can't sleep.

I see the text at 8am.

8:08am

"Hey how you? I was asleep then, Were you able to fall back to sleep?"

I reply, I start my day as usual trying my best to mask the fact that Nour is  married, no. Was married. I sigh waking Abubakar from sleep and meeting my mum in the kitchen but this time she was with Sadiya as i approached the kitchen i could hear their voices more clearly.

They were talking about a Netflix show.

"Good morning mum."

"Hey, Cuz." Sadiya says.

"Fatma did you wake your brother." I nod.

"You know him he would drift right back to sleep the moment you leave, Please check on him again." I nod because she was right.

I go back and i see him snuggling in his duvet. "Abubakar, Do you want me to smack you."

I hear him sniff and my brow's knotted, Abubakar's crying.

"I don't wanna go to school." I roll my eyes.

"Abubakar, We have been through this stage and guess what you still have to go."

"No you haven't." He sniffs. "You have never liked anyone that didn't like you back." I furrow my brows what is this lil being saying and why was he talking about someone liking someone.

"I gave this girl in my class a gift for her Birthday and she threw it at me, infront of the whole class. Everyone laughed at me even Mrs Judith our teacher laughed at me too, I am such a loser." My heart broke, I wanted to find who that girl is and give her a piece of my mind.

I have never heard Abubakar talk like this and it broke my heart, Broke my heart so much that i wanted to fly to his school like right now and smack Mrs Judith too.

"Who is she?"

"Her name is khadijah but people call her Nana." I sit closer to him rubbing his back so he feels wramth. "Khadijah is the loser you know right? You're a cool guy and she's not worthy of your coolness. So what i want you to do is get ready for school and act like what she did meant nothing to you."

"But she knows it does, because i cried throughout fourth period." Yikes.

My heart broke even more. I want to smack Khadijah. She broke my poor brother's heart. "What did you get her."

"I got her two sticks of lollipop my favorite flavors strawberry." He opened his bed side drawer and i see them but one was half open and broken.

"Oh i hate Khadijah."

"Please don't. I know she would change."

"You need to forget that little girl and focus on yourself." I clap my hands. "Okay chop chop. Get up." He sluggishly steps out.

"Okay today you are getting a free make over whilst i get everything set, go and shower and brush your teeth like i thought you too.

As he sluggishly enter's with his head down
I go to his drawer and bring out his uniform. I get my pressing iron from my room and began to straighten his clothes i made sure the edges were sharper than knife. I sprayed perfume on every part i pressed he came out with a towel wrapped still looking down.