Chapter 3 :Curious Cats

"Well. I wouldn't say i was. I am easy to read." I used this time to scan his face. Feeding the part of my brain that observes everything my eyes see.

And just one sitting i realised he had a dimple on his face. Can I just find one thing about him to make him less attractive please. Anything.

"Why did you block my number."

"I didn't. " I lied again today.

He pulls his phone out. "Look i called you." He shows me his phone and i see he called me this afternoon. A part of me went soft when i see the prove.

"Why did you call me. If you knew i blocked you " but i had to be a hard girl

"I wanted to show the police that i called and you blocked me that way you get arrested faster. "

"You wanted to call the police?"

"Yes. Fatima i told you i would."

He continues. "I gave you a rule. I gave you a chance.".

"Okay fine lets go back upstairs. Let me tell my mum everything."

"No. This is between you and i."

"What do you want from me? Its not even my car. So lets go."

"You can't give me what I want. So let's talk about services that you can provide."

I frowned. Not knowing exactly what he was implying. "You need to elaborate more." He seats back on his chairs and crosses his arms.

When Hydayyah swung the door open, i looked at her and she smiled at me, she then looked towards Nour. Who turned his smug to a straight face. I don't know what role she had in the house but she looked too clean to be the maid.

"I have to go back." I stood up I didn't want to hear what he had to say. Because I already knew.

"Lets go." He replied in the same tone. He probably didn't want hydayyah to hear any dirty thing that would have come out his mouth. As I walk all I did was stare at his back. His legs where straight. I always adored that in men. And even know he had on Adidas joggers on with an army green long sleeve sweat shirt matching really well with the pants. He wasn't dressed for the occasion they were having.

It didn't make sense how someone with this physical structure to be so vile.

It's crazy how I never get attracted to attractive men. I mean I do see that they are handsome. Tall. Dark. And extremely handsome. But i wouldn't want to be with someone like that. It might be a phobia or something i might google it up later.

When we walked in i see his mum holding up two veils one on each side of her shoulder. "Honestly. I would say the blue. It matches really well with the dress." I heard my mum reply.

My mum has so many friends. "Oh. The love train is here." My mum's friend answered and my mum turned around looking at us. I pulled a fake smile. And went straight to my seat.

I disdain being in situations like this. People rubbing in in your face that you need to have someone. Let me breathe.

"Mother. Where is Nasiru?"

"In your father's living room. With the men i heard they are having meeting with everyone."

"Okay." Nour says. Leaving the room like we just didn't have a discussion. I had hoped he would bring it up since it was my mum's car. And i am very sure his mother would ask him to drop it.