002

Chapter Two:
Stranger Danger

Pearl Essence McClayJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

"Granny! I'm heading out!" She shouted as she rushed out the house, shutting the door behind her.

Slipping inside her Audi, Pearl sighed before she pulled the mirror in her car down and stared at her reflection. She'd simply done her brows, lashes and lip gloss. Her hair was wavy and her edges were laid perfectly.

Summer had just begun and it was hot and sticky all the time. Pearl was wearing blue ripped jeans, a white tube top and some white slides. She finished off the outfit with a gold necklace, gold anklets and earrings.

"It's got to be illegal to look this good!" Pearl quoted Will Smith as she winked at herself in the mirror. She giggled before she pressed the button and started the engine.

'No More Parties' by Coi Leray blasted as she drove the school. She hated the song but loved it at the same time. It was a strange feeling.

I'm only doing shit that's gonna make me elevate
Only want people around that's gonna make me better

Her mood rose even higher as she drove to the new high school. Parking it in the school lot, she stepped out and immediately felt a lot of stares her way. Some were because of her but most of them were at her car—the most recent Audi to be released this year.

All because her daddy felt guilty for her abandoning her.

"Hope none of these bitches approach me cuh they think I got money." She mumbled to herself as she swung on her back pack and walked inside the school.

"Hey lil mama, why I ain't seen yo fine ass around?" A boy asked as he stood in front of her.

He was the same height as her since she was 5'10, which tended to intimidate a lot of guys but he seemed confident. Which she didn't like for some reason.

Pearl flinched a bit when she smelt his breath.

"You new?" He asked, getting even closer.

"You want some gum?" She asked as she pulled a pack from her pocket. The boy glanced at it confusedly.

"Stop playing." He joked.

"Stop talking." Pearl said as she handed him the pack and walked off, ignoring the laughter that erupted behind her from his friends.