028

Chapter Twenty-Eight:
Demonic

Reese Ta'vian JacksonJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Reese smiled when he saw Jalen step out of the car. The slim man grinned as he walked up to Reese, every step even more gracious than the last. His long arms wrapped around him as the both of them sighed contently, they hadn't seen each other in a long time. Although they talked everyday on social media, it was different with real life. Reese admired Jalen for many reasons, which was why he trusted him to help him with killing Blanco and wiping out the BGs.

"Heard you been busy, Reese." Jalen stated as he pulled away from the hug, the Chicago was prominent in the way he talked.

"Let's talk inside." Reese nodded to Leighton before he looked around and led Jalen into the trap. Rap music played lowly and the whole place stunk of marijuana, everyone was either high or asleep. R1zla was both, he was knocked out on the sofa while Skept talked to his girl on the phone, he needed to be in contact with her because she was due to give birth soon.

He nodded to Reese and Jalen before focusing back on the call. Reese walked ahead as he led Jalen to the basement, they hurried down the creaky stairs before opening the door to a room that had tables filled with bags of cocaine, heroin and guns. None of this was Reese's but he'd promised R1zla that after this war was over, he'd help him take over the drug world in Jacksonville.

"I researched that nigga you was telling me about, he's powerful but not invincible." Jalen explained as they walked over to the chairs in the corner. They both sat down, Jalen gently crossed his legs while Reese spread his.

"Blanco been in this life for a long ass time. He's had people try to kill him. I ain't gon' be the first or the last." Reese shrugged while he swung his legs open and closed.

Jalen stared at him before softly shaking him head, "Wrong. You gon' be the last to try 'cuh you gon' kill him." His voice was low but very firm.

Reese had his doubts about his whole mission. Although his anger had driven him to start this war, it simply wasn't enough to drive him to finish it. Blanco was powerful, he had networks everywhere. However, it was too late to stop now. Reese had already used the knowledge that he'd learnt about Blanco when he worked for him, to find the locations of the stash houses and trap houses.

The war had started; there was no backing out now.

Jalen's head turned at a phenominal speed before a creak echoed through the room. Reese turned to see what he was looking at and saw the door open, Tizzy stepped inside. His eyes widened a bit when he realised something, he had always known it but seeing it in action was borderline frightening.