018

Chapter Eighteen:
Tension

Reese Ta'vian Jackson Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Reese sat in his car as he stared at his phone. His heart ached a bit as he looked at all the one-sided texts, he just didn't know what to do anymore. Kirari had been ignoring him for the whole of Sunday, even though they'd just kissed last night. He thought everything was going well and that they'd finally made some progress.

🐩

I'm tryna see you today
Received at 10:09
Yo, you good?
Received at 12:55
Kirari man talk to me, wassup baby
Received at 16:45
Aight, say no more
Delivered.

His eyes stayed glued on the poodle emoji, she'd always talk about how she wanted to get a poodle and that was where he got the idea from. A deep sigh escaped his lips as he reached for a blunt in the compartment between the two front seats.

Grabbing the lighter that Blanco had left, he lit up the blunt before taking in a long drag. Reese couldn't help but feel a bit confused. They were perfectly fine last night, heck they were doing better than they'd ever done. She'd reciprocated his feelings and even confessed some of her own.

Why would she just start ignoring him?

A knock on his window interrupted the craziness in his mind, he looked to see Keith standing outside his car. Reese unlocked the door and watched his father sit inside with a heavy sigh. Keith's eyes trailed from the blunt to the messages on his son's phone.

Ah, girl trouble.

That was the only thing that would keep a man in his car with no music and no friends. Only a woman could stress a man out to the point where he'd just stare at his phone. It made Keith chuckle as he remembered when he used to go through his own fair of girl troubles.

"So why ain't she replyin?" Keith asked, grabbing the blunt from his son and taking a drag.

Reese looked at his father with wide eyes before looking back forwards. He'd never seen his father smoke before but he wasn't mad. If anything, this was a good thing.

"Ion know, we was doing good last night." He shrugged, Keith had never heard him sound so whiney.

Staring at the blunt, Keith tried to think of the best advice for him. He didn't want to make a mistake since this was the first time that him and Reese had ever had a moment like this.

"Go to her and talk it out." He said, "Women might ignore you or run away because they think it's the right thing to do. If it's affecting you, go to her crib and ask her straight up what the issue is so that you can get your closure and move on or resolve it."