005

Chapter Five:
Jealous

Reese Ta'vian Jackson Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

"Yeah man, this exactly what I wanted." Reese said as he stared at himself in the mirror, admiring his new tattoo.

He smirked as he stared at it, the whole process stung like a bitch but he was happy with the results. Reese had tattooed his sister's initials on his face, R.J, they were also his initials so that just made it better for him.

"That shit fire bro." A voice said, a very familiar one which made Reese turn his head around to see his only cousin, Leighton standing at the entrance of the tattoo shop.

Since they hadn't seen each other in years, the boys ran to each other and hugged, smacking each other's backs in happiness. Leighton was a NY boy so he didn't come around much, especially after his Aunt Alyssa's death. However, this time, he'd come at the perfect time for Reese.

They both knew that Reese needed him, he now had no one his age in the family besides Leighton, also, he didn't have any friends since he didn't want to be affiliated with the street lifestyle. His pops loved their friendship because the two cousins always balanced each other out.

Leighton was the bubbly and friendly one while Reese was the cold and unapproachable one. But somehow they worked well, they were like two peas in a pod.

"Nigga what is you doin this far out?" Reese asked with a wide smile as they pulled away from each other.

"After I heard 'bout Reneé, I packed my bags and decided it was time a nigga explored new territory." Leighton shrugged, they both knew he was here because he was worried about Reese and wanted to support him.

"You already put yo bags in yo room?" Reese asked as he pulled out his wallet and paid for his tattoo as Leighton waited for him.

"Yeah, Pops look a mess bro." He said honestly.

Keith had never looked so down before, he didn't even look like himself. His hair wasn't cut, his beard wasn't trimmed like it usually was and he was just zoning out the majority of the time.

"He been tryna act all tough in front of me but he hurtin' just as bad." Reese said with a frown as they walked out the tattoo shop and towards the parking lot.

"You know what that means right?" Leighton glanced at him with a smirk as they walked, "You can't be fuckin' around and giving him extra stress, ya feel me?"

Grabbing a blunt out of his pocket, Reese lit it up and placed it between his lips as he leaned back on his car. The sun was just about to set and his favourite nigga was right next to him, this was the first time his heart had stopped aching since that day.