008

Chapter Eight:
Out and About

Pearl Essence McClay Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

"I said, who died and made you such a bore? and he ain't say nun else to me after." Pearl explained on FaceTime as she did her makeup.

Today was Saturday and she was about to go to the Carnival with Marquis and some of his friends. She'd also managed to drag Kirari to come with her because she didn't want Marquis to think it was a date; she liked him but there wasn't any spark so they were just friends.

"Girl the fact that he ain't even get all mad, it sound like that man is done with you." Kirari said through the FaceTime making Pearl's smile drop.

"Done with me? Girl we ain't even start nun yet." She said as she put her make up brush down and stood up.

Pearl wanted to get know Reese, she knew that much but he just seemed so complicated. The boy was a lot to deal with but his energy was real, he wasn't fake or trying to do nothing shiesty with her which made her want him more. She knew that he wanted her too but they just clashed a lot.

They were both aggressive. Too aggressive.

"Ion know why you got me going to a carnival with these stupid ass ball players." Rari said as she put some highlight on her nose. She wanted to hang out with Pearl but these niggas had to ruin it.

"Well I hope you ready cuh I'm leaving now, 'bout to pop by your house." Pearl said as she grabbed her keys before running down the stairs.

She said goodbye to Mama G, who was watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta and she got inside her car. The Florida heat was horrible but today was the perfect day to go out. Pearl was tired of just chilling at home, she needed some excitement in her life.

Starting the car, she began her journey to Kirari's house, which was not in the suburbs. Kirari lived right in the hood which was why she was such a hard-worker and wanted to get the hell out of here so badly.

Parking outside, she texted her to let her know that she was here. Kirari opened the door and ran into the car, her Mama walked out and waved at Pearl, who waved back with a wide smile.

"Girl get to driving 'fore she start walking over here." Kirari said, making Pearl chuckle before she stepped on the accelerator and drove away from the house.

"Now who you say gon' be there?" Rari asked as she took videos of her self in the sun, she'd been wanting to go out for a while but she hated most people from her high school.