006

Chapter Six:
Blood

Pearl Essence McClay Jacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Feeling annoyed, Pearl dragged herself to the after-school detention she'd gotten because she was late this morning. Looking around the classroom, she saw that it was only a teacher and no one else.

"You're right on time for your detention, Miss McClay." He said with a smile before gesturing for her to go sit down.

She forced a smile on her face before sitting down on the desk. Pearl stared out the window for a few minutes before she felt herself begin to get tired, which just led to her placing her head on her desk and falling asleep for an hour.

Pearl fell into a deep slumber until she was disrupted by the knocking on her desk, she stretched her body and saw her teacher.

"An hour's passed, you can go." He said before he walked back to his desk, going back to the work he was doing.

Pearl felt a small smile form on her face as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the room. Fatigue filled her body as she dragged herself, she hated being in school and she was still raging about how Reese had just driven off. She'll admit that she had given him attitude but he'd taken it too far by actually leaving.

Not to forget the fact that he let his friend take her seat and he didn't even bother to say anything. He was one of the rudest niggas that she'd ever met and she used to live in New York; where rude niggas were bred.

"Let me catch his midget ass alone, I'm gon' kill him." She grumbled as she pulled out her phone, still walking through the corridors and towards the exit.

Pearl smiled when she saw her friend's picture, Kirari was truly beautiful. She was shocked to find out her friend had a tattoo but after talking to her about it, she finally understood how Kirari was.

Kirari focused on her studies and her future but didn't let that stop her from doing what she wanted in the present. She did any hair she wanted, she got the tattoos and she smoked hella weed but she was just careful about it. Which Pearl admired, Kirari balanced her future and present perfectly.

ki.ra.ri just posted 2 hours ago.

Liked by reese_BG, kingmarq06 and 3, 765 others

ki.ra.ri new hair, who dis?

comments disabled.

"Who midget ass you talking 'bout?" A voice asked as she stepped out of the school building.

Pearl jumped in surprise because she wasn't expecting anyone. She turned around to see Marquis leaning against the wall with a chocolate bar and water in his hand. He chuckled at her jumping which revealed his dimples and braces.

"Why am I always seeing you?" Pearl asked as she brushed herself back to normal, he'd scared the shit out of her.

"Cuh I'm always chasing you, P." Marquis said shrugging, he pushed off the wall and walked towards her, handing her the chocolate bar and a bottle of cold water.

Pearl's surprise changed into a wide grin as she accepted the chocolate bar, it was her favourite one too. She loved the plain Cadbury chocolate bar, Pearl didn't like too much stuff going into her chocolate like nuts or caramel. A part of her wondered how he remembered such a small detail about her but the other part of her was just grateful for what he'd done for her.

"Thank you, Mark." She said, mocking him because he'd said multiple times that he hated being called by a nickname.

Marquis kissed his teeth as they walked out of the school and towards the road, side by side. The sun was still outside, shining brightly and Pearl was starving, she was so grateful that he'd bought her some water and chocolate. He was godsend.

As they walked, Pearl saw Reese's car parked but she just ignored it and the two of them walked past it.

"So you just gon' act like you don't see me?" Reese shouted from inside his car, Pearl rolled her eyes as she turned around to face him.

"That's what you did to me, how it feel?"

Smacking his lips, Reese got out the car and walked to her but glared at Marquis for a split second. He was wearing some black joggers, a white vest and some white Jordan's. Reese had a blunt in his hand as he looked at them.

"Mama G told me to wait up foh you, let's go." Reese said to Pearl, making her frown even more. He wasn't even here because he wanted to be, he was here because he was forced by her Granny. Shame.

"I'll walk, thanks." Pearl replied before she turned around and began walking with Marquis.

"What happened the last time you ain't ride with me after I told you to?" Reese shouted, his words made Pearl freeze on spot. He was right, she'd already gotten a detention, if she got home late Mama G would be even angrier.

Sighing, Pearl looked apologetically at Marquis before she walked over to the passenger's of Reese's car. She sat inside before waving at Marquis, who waved back.

Reese stepped up to Marquis with a frown, even though Marquis was taller, you could tell who was dangerous between the two of them. His eyes were sharp and glistening with anger as he stared at the athlete, feeling disgust bubble up.

"Stop following her around, I got ha." Reese warned him.

"You got ha now but she gon' be mine in the end when yo serial killer ass gets locked up." Marquis threatened back, everyone in Jacksonville knew that Reese had killed many people, a rough estimate of 15 people.

No one had any proof so he was just walking around free, which Marquis hated. Reese had left that life behind last year, he'd been innocent and hadn't committed any crimes but it was undeniable that he'd harmed a lot of people when he was running the streets of Jacksonville with BGs.

"If I get locked up, guess who gon' be my last body?" Reese asked, he took a drag from his blunt before blowing it right into Marquis' face.

"Go chase yo basketball and stay out of grown folk business." He said before walking back to his car and driving off, ignoring Pearl's many questions about what they were talking about.