033

Chapter Thirty-Three:
Falling In Love

Reese Ta'vian Jackson Somewhere in Florida

Somewhere in Florida

"Let's go on a walk." Reese spoke up while he shoved his phone into the back pocket of his jeans.

They'd eaten their pizza and were bored out of their minds. He knew that the sole purpose of this trip was to go see K.I but this could also be seen as a bonding experience. Reese didn't know when he'd be able to see Kirari freely so he wanted to make use of this trip.

"Right now?" Kirari asked groggily, she was just about to fall asleep. They'd gotten one bed and Reese had been laid up on the sofa, while Kirari took the bed.

"Yes, right na. Get yo butt up." Reese put on some slides before grabbing the keys for the hotel. He walked over to the door, then he waited for Kirari.

"Okay okay." She moaned as she rolled out of bed, grabbed Reese's hoodie and pulled it on.

"Come on na." He beckoned as he opened the door and held it for her so she'd walk out.

Fixing the beanie on his head, Reese glanced around the corridor to make sure they weren't being followed. Kirari yawned before pulling the hood over her short, blond hair.

The pair walked out of the hotel in  silence, ignoring the fact that if was 12am at night. Reese pulled her to the car, he started the engine and began driving.

-XX-

After a 10 minute drive, he parked in a clear plain and stepped out of the car. A sigh escaped his lips as he sat on top of the car, pulling Kirari up as well. They both, silently, stared up at the sky.

A beautiful black coated the sky, with sparkling diamonds that twinkled every once in a while. Some stars formed shapes, while others simply looked stunninly isolated. There were no gunshots, no talking and no disruptions.

It was peaceful.

"Imma Aries, you see my constellation anywhere?" Reese spoke up, making Kirari giggle.

"Boy we ain't gon' see it here." She giggled as she rested her head on his chest, inhaling his intoxicating scent which was a mix of weed, cologne and sandalwood.

"I'm a Cancer, the stars say we ain't compatible." Kirari mumbled, still breathing in gulps of his scent. She was wide awake now and fully aware of how much h she'd missed this man.

"Ion care what anyone says." Reese responsed before turning to face her, "Shawty, ain't no one taking me away from you."

"You sure about that?" She asked softly, their relationship had come far. They'd overcome so many obstacles yet and were so young.

"Only thing I ever been sure 'bout in my life." He stated, his brown eyes glued to hers. Their faces were so close that they were just mere inches away from kissing.

"Just wait for me." Reese asked, "Don't give up on me." His eyes looked innocent, Kirari was shocked to hear how his voice sounded as if he was begging her.

"As soon as I get rid of him, I want to live. Live for me, not for my pops, not for Reneé...just me." Reese revealed, he was never one to talk too much about himself.

Simply because he didn't know himself that well.

"What you gonna do when you graduate?" Kirari asked, they'd never talked about it before. At least not in detail.

"I ain't ever had the time to think about that yet. Always been too busy trying not to get killed." He shrugged, pulling his gaze away from his first love, to the hypnotising sky.

"All I know is that I really wanna be a dad." He replied honestly. Reese had never told anyone that he wanted to be a father, he was scared people would laugh or make fun of him but he'd always wanted his own kids.

To raise, to teach and to guide. As much as he loved his own father, he wanted to be present in his kids' life so that they don't make the same mistakes as him.

"How many babies you want?" Kirari continued to stare at him, he was far more enticing than the star-filled sky.

"1 is more than enough, I just want to have a family."

"You'll get that, Ta'vian." Kirari leaned over to kiss his cheek, comforting him but also thanking him for opening up to her. She knew it was hard for him to open up which just made it even more special.

"I'd love to see a little Reese running around, with his short self." Kirari chuckled as she imagined it.

"My son gon' be in the NBA." Reese smirked, he loved basketball more than anything.

"Not with your short-man-syndrome genes he ain't."

"You a hater." Reese kissed his teeth while Kirari smiled.

Reese wanted to be the type of father to support his kids no matter who they loved, what they wanted to do or who they became.

-XX-

"Reese move up, you poking me." Kirari groaned sleepily. They were sleeping in bed and Reese had his arms wrapped all around her.

As she woke up, she felt something poke her butt so she tried to wake Reese up. His grip was tight but he eventually budged and Kirari managed to move his arms so that she could turn around and face him.

Kirari stared at him for a few minutes, ignoring how hot she felt under these covers. She stared at his blank, resting features and just enjoyed the sight. He was a handsome man and she would never get enough of looking at him.

"Damn I know I'm sexy but you giving Joe vibes right na." Reese mumbled before he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his embrace.

"I know you ain't just compare me to a serial killer." Kirari rolled her eyes but still melted into his embrace.

Since they were so close, she felt the poking back on her stomach and without thinking, she reached down to move whatever it was, only to palm Reese through his boxers. His eyes shot open and Kirari pulled her hand away from his morning wood.

"Whatchu tryna do?" Reese asked with a smirk, making her smack her lips.

"Slow down, bro. You ain't getting no babies from me today." Kirari replied, trying to act unfazed about the length she'd just held.

"You wrong 'bout one thing. I ain't yo fucking bro."