031

Chapter Thirty-One:
Evil

Pearl Essence McClayJacksonville, Florida

Jacksonville, Florida

Pearl was currently sitting in the living room of Blanco's very massive estate. Her phone was the only source of entertainment she had right now because he hadn't come back from work yet. No that she even knew what his job was but she guessed it was illegal, judging by the 3am phone calls and the niggas that he would always be seen with. She wore an 'Aaliyah' t-shirt with some booty shorts as 'Love and Hip-Hop' played in the background, all she was doing was counting down the time until her pizza arrived. Pearl was starving and Blanco had no food in the fridge, she missed her grandma's food but she hadn't been home for 2 weeks. Every time she'd try to leave. Blanco would either distract her with sex or feed her his bullshit feelings which she believed every single time, she genuinely believed that he loved her which was why she was here.

Due to the fact that Blanco lived in a gated estate, Pearl had to walk all the way to the gates to actually get her food because he wouldn't tell her the code that opened the gate. She sighed when she heard the ding that told her that someone was at the gate. Standing up, Pearl pulled down her shorts, slipped on her Yeezy slides and began her journey downhill to the gates. His estate was even bigger than her father's and that was hard to top. As the sun burned her, Pearl simply kept walking.

"I hope they got my wings." She mumbled to herself as she saw the towering, black gates. Pressing the button, she opened a door in the gate but instead of a pizza gate, Pearl found a big gift box with a large, red ribbon wrapped around it.

Looking around, she tried to find the possible delivery person but she couldn't see anyone for miles. And her damn pizza wasn't here. Groaning at the weight, Pearl carried the box all the way to the house. She ignored the weird sounds it would make but instead just placed it on the carpet. A part of her believed that it was one of the many, many gifts that Blanco bought for her but the other half was unsure, he normally liked to be there when she opened the gift. Pearl shook off the feeling and untied the neat, silk ribbon before pulling the lid off.

Her scream pierced through the silence as she stared down at what was inside. With her shaky hands covering her mouth, Pearl couldn't help but tear up at the sight, a head with some brain matter on the side. She'd never seen this man before but she guessed that Blanco would know him since this was addressed to his name. On the corner was a small Hallmark card that stated,

'Thank You For Celebrating This Achievement With Us!'

As her hands shook, Pearl reached for her phone and called Blanco, sobbing as she waited. This was the last things she'd expected to see on a Wednesday afternoon. His line ringed, ringed and ringed. She fell on her knees as the phone rang, she couldn't even cover the box again. She was simply too scared and traumatized to look inside again. Calling him one last time, Pearl crawled away from the box and sat with her back against the wall. Her sobs echoed and were even louder than her show, she'd never seen anything like this. The scent of death washed over the house, at least that's what it smelt like to her. In reality, it was the scent of a dead body that filled the million-dollar home.

-XX-

Hours went by until the front door opened up. Blanco blankly stared at a passed out Pearl who was leaning against the wall. She had sweat running down her forehead and her neck was in an uncomfortable position. Just as he was about to wake her, he realised something. There was an unfamiliar scent in the air, a scent that he knew very well but had never expected to smell in his own house. At first, he thought Pearl was dead but he'd seen her this morning so she wouldn't smell. All that was left was the open box in the middle of his living room.

Taking a few hesitant steps, Blanco peered over to look inside and to his shock, he saw one of his workers, Tizzy. He stared at the decapitated head for a few minutes, racking his brain trying to figure out why this had been sent to him. Slumping down on the sofa, Blanco fiddled with his beard as he thought everything through. What achievement was this? Who had sent this card?

As usual, his first concern was himself. He'd even forgotten that the so-called, 'Love of his Life' was still passed out and he quite frankly...did not care. What mattered right now was he fact that someone was killing his workers but why Tizzy?

Tizzy was a close-friend of Reese, so Reese wouldn't kill him. Or would he?

Blanco shook his head at the thought. Reese was soft at heart, he was still young and filled with forgiveness. He would never kill his own friends, which meant that Blanco had another target on his back. Set by someone who seemed to be even more heartless than he was.

-XX-

Pearl gained consciousness to find herself in bed. She had changed clothes and her neck ached slightly. As her vision cleared up a bit, she realised that she was in Blanco's room, the room that they'd made countless memories in. A small smile graced her lips as she realised that he had probably carried her, taken care of her and she felt that he cared for her. Then reality set back in, who was the head in the living room and who had sent it?

"Don't think too much, I'll handle all that." Blanco stated as he walked inside the room with a cool towel to wipe the sweat off her forehead, "You wanna talk 'bout whatchu saw?"

"Not really, ion wanna think about it." Pearl mumbled, if she talked about it, she'd have to relive everything and that wasn't what she wanted at all.

"Okay, baby. I'm sorry I ain't answer your calls when you needed me." Blanco spoke softly before kissing her neck. "Niggas had me so busy."

Which was true, Blanco had indeed been busy. However, when Pearl had called, he watched the phone until she eventually stopped calling. He'd already won her over, he could now relax and be his cold, heartless self.