Chapter 2

I've decided that I'm going to be updating once every 2~3 days now. 

This book will alternate between Hope's pov and Lizzie's pov. I haven't decided yet whether or not 'Hizzie' will be an actual couple in this book, but there will be many scenes between the two of them. 

Klayley is definitely going to be a couple in the later chapters, though there are mentions of Klamille and Klaroline. 

Please vote if you enjoy this chapter, because it really helps me a lot! 

While waiting for updates, feel free to check out my other TVD books, one of which has recently taken the #1 spot in #klamille :)

Hope's pov

We avoid passerby, who stare at our clothes with wide, curious eyes. 

"Are we really stuck in time? What does that even mean? Will our actions have consequences on the future and whatnot?" Lizzie says in a panicked voice. Since the last thing we need is another one of her episodes, Josie and I pull her into an alley behind what looks like a tavern.

"Lizzie could be right- our actions will most likely affect the future," Josie whispers. I nod. "We need to blend in," I say, as I stare up at the pieces of clothing that have been left out to dry on the windowsill above us.

"Quick. Pour out all time-travel movie facts you know," Lizzie blurts out. 

"Uh..." I say, since I'm not much of a sci-fi fan. To be honest, I don't even like movies that much. 

"You shouldn't be seen?" Josie says in a hopeful voice. "Too late, about a dozen people already saw us walking into town," Lizzie says. 

"Any small actions can have huge consequences," I say quietly.

Lizzie nods. "You're right. Even our tiniest actions- like picking a flower, or saying hi to someone- it could mess up our future for good," she says.

"How do you even know any of this? I thought you hated time travel movies," Josie points out. Lizzie shrugs her off, and I begin to think.

"You think we should maybe do a cloaking spell? Just to be safe?" I wonder. 

"In this weather? Don't you think people would be suspicious if they saw three sets of footprints appearing out of nowhere on the snow?" Josie asks.

"We can do an illusion spell, though," Lizzie says. "Make our clothes look like the clothes of this era."

As the twins begin to siphon some magic out of me, I realize I'm extremely glad they're handling this in a calm manner. Who knows what might have happened if they had instead chosen to let loose all of their magic through the village in a panic attack.

"There," Lizzie says, as she smooths down her dress. I glance down, and see that they've disguised my own clothes, as well. I look like somebody at a Renaissance fair.

"Now that this is done," Lizzie says, "Hope- how do we get out of here?" she demands.

I shake my head. "I need to think," I say. 

Josie lets out a shiver. We may look like we're covered in thick fur cloaks, but in reality, we're all just wearing casual summer clothes. "Let's get inside first," I say, glancing up at the sign above us. 

"Ew! You want me to go into a tavern?" Lizzie says, clearly disgusted.

"Grow up, Lizzie," Josie says, as she marches for the door. After letting an amused smile show up on my face, I follow after her, and Lizzie does, as well.