Chapter 17

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.

Did you SEE this book's hashtag rankings?!!!! 

This book has been ranked Number 1 in #witch(77K stories), Number 2 in #werewolf(196K stories), AND Number 2 in #vampire(201K stories).

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I FEEL SO FAMOUS

Thank you so much to every single one of you for reading, voting, commenting, and showing such immense support to this book!! I literally got 3K reads overnight, and I couldn't be happier!! :D

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Warning: There is mention of violence in this chapter.

Hope's pov

As soon as he finishes his sentence, a wave of nausea suddenly hits me across the back of my head. My knees buckle, and I fall onto the floor- or rather, I would have, had my dad not roughly grabbed my shoulders and slammed me onto the wall. I cough the dust out of my lungs as his grip on my arms tighten.

"How is it that you know my darkest secret? Why do you wear my family's crest across your neck?" he shouts.

I open my mouth, but no words come out. Pain racks my entire mind, for the sensation from last night has returned- Time has been disrupted far too deeply to the point of me never having been born in the future. That is what is causing these waves of nausea.

"Are you a figment of chaos? Some manner of dark being that has been risen from a deeper part of hell than where I am from?" he shouts, frustrated at my silence. "Answer me!"

Panic has overcome his voice, and that is undoubtedly the worst thing that could happen in this moment. If it is only anger that he is feeling, then it's fine. It means he is still keeping a level head, and therefore he won't go so far as to level an entire civilization or something.

But if it's panic...

Panic makes people unstable. Emotions overpower one's logical sense when panic is involved.

A burst of horrible pain is felt across my jaw.

But this time, it's not another side effect of me being erased from existence. I stare at the blood I have just coughed out with wide eyes as I realize...

He just hit me.

I raise my eyes just in time to see another fist being thrown my way. I begin to see stars as blood trickles out of my nose and onto my lips. I manage to block the next attack with my werewolf reflexes, but in return, one of my fingers breaks. I let out a scream as he takes this opportunity to throw me headfirst into the wall.