Chapter 46

I. AM. BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH IT WAS LITERAL TORTURE HAVING TO STUDY SO MUCH FOR MY STUPID EXAMS BUT THEY'RE FINALLY OVER AND THANKFULLY I GOT LIKE REALLY GREAT SCORES AND NOW I CAN START WRITING AGAIN

Updates might be a little slow, since I don't have much written out yet, but for now, just enjoy this chapter! :)

*****

Hope was plunged into a pit of darkness. She felt as though she were floating through an eternal abyss.

"Hello?" Hope said. Her voice sounded so quiet in this unfathomably large place.

Hope thought she heard something to her left. But when she turned, there was nothing there.

She felt herself slowing down. She dropped gently onto the cool ground beneath her.

As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, Hope realized she was standing in front of a silver archway. It was quite tall, and the surface looked so smooth that it almost seemed it was made out of clay.

Hope hesitantly walked through the archway. The second her foot made contact with the shadow the archway had created on the ground, images began to flash before her eyes.

St Anne's Church, where she had been born. The witches who had tried to sacrifice her as a baby. The many months Hope had spent as an infant with her Aunt Rebekah, after her parents had been forced to keep her out of New Orleans for her own safety. The large house that Hope and her mom had lived in while her mom had searched for a way to bring the Mikaelson siblings back from an enchanted sleep. The mountain of beignets her dad had bought for her a few weeks after they had met. The day that Hope had first walked onto the grounds of the Salvatore School. The scene of her screaming at her dad, after he had returned to her after seven years of abandonment. Seventeen year old Hope, giving Landon Kirby a small kiss on the lips.

Something flickered at the corner of Hope's eyes, and she turned to it curiously. Beside the archway she was standing under, a crack was magically opening up in the atmosphere. Hope pulled herself out of the archway completely, and observed as the crack grew larger and larger. It looked like- like a chasm, a seam that had been split open in the space dimension.

The crack began to shape itself, its crooked edges forcing itself into a hardened shape of some sort. Hope stepped back, and found herself staring at an exact replica of the smooth archway. But instead of the surface being a pale silver color, it was the shade of pitch black. The archway was chipped away in some places, giving off the impression that it was extremely unsteady, and... Broken.

Hope edged her way to the black archway and stepped under it, as she had done with the silver one. Images began to appear once more, but Hope soon began to realize they were quite different from the others she had just seen.

St Anne's Church. Witches were holding Hayley down as she kicked and screamed at them. Klaus Mikaelson marched into the church, and before any of the witches could utter a spell against him, he tore out all of their hearts.

"Let go of me!" Hayley screamed, when Klaus rushed forward to help her stand. "Let go of me! I'm not going to let you touch my baby!"

One look at Hayley's frightened yet furious face caused Klaus's expression to immediately soften.

"D-Don't hurt her," Hayley sobbed, clenching and unclenching her fists in an attempt to try and tell herself that she wasn't scared. "Don't hurt my daughter, don't- More are coming, and they- They're saying my daughter is- is a monster, that she-"