CHAPTER TWENTY

"There always was a memory of Zulekha Akram that would take me fifty steps backwards for the one step I had taken forward!"- Hisham Hosseini.

Ethan!

Ethan Williams!

The most friendliest guy on the planet after Khaleel Othman!

Also, about to be the most recent guy to disappear from the planet and that too... FOREVER!

Feeling greatly irked for some reason whatsoever and with his blood reaching maximum boiling point, Hisham closed his eyes as he slowly and angrily pinched the bridge of his nose, the utmost urge to kill Ethan and bury him 6 feet under, growing stronger and stronger with each passing minute.

Wait, what was all this even about?

Had the guy wronged him?

Nope!

Were they friends?

Yes! Well, I mean NO!

They USED to be friends but not anymore! Definitely NOT from this very microsecond onwards!

Don't even bother asking why because the answer to that was simply...

Because! Just because, okay?

Not having even a single bit of a logical answer to any of his very own questions is exactly what made Hisham to inwardly lose it even a tad bit more and the only thing he ended up resorting to, was to was angrily stare at Isma, who chose to even more angrily, stare back!

Both reliving their conference room moment...

Their 'I absolutely hate men' and 'I absolutely hate women moment'!

Wanting to of course very much sail his own boat, Hisham chose to intentionally mistake Isma's extremely seething look for an utmost 'fear of having been caught' look only and only because he intended to pass her off as nothing but...

A deer caught in headlights!

Yes! That was the only thing that would help him sleep at night so please...

Shhhhhhh!

Speaking of 'getting caught' and that too must he say, in EXTREME BROAD DAYLIGHT only but gave him the rightful rights of silently raising a few of the very many burning questions he had.

Firstly, was this the very same woman from back in the conference room?

The so called 'All men are trash' and 'Absolutely all men are dogs' AMBASSADOR?

Well, why was she sitting with the ENEMY, then?

Just to make it crystal clear, HER enemy and NOT his!

She had completely come off as if she greatly disliked men right?

Then why was she sitting with one?

Or was Ethan NOT a man?

Deep down, why did he so wish that he actually wasn't?

Ugh!

What was all this, really?

Could someone please explain?

Well actually, on second thought, there absolutely was no need of any kind of explanation.

He had it all figured out...PERFECTLY... and that too from EXPERIENCE!

Women were simply hypocrites!

Every single one of them!

The most accurate definitions of the word CONTRADICTION!

That was a fact!