CHAPTER SIX

"Sometimes or many at times, the most deceiving thing someone can offer you is their smile!"- Amalk807.

FOUR MONTHS LATER...

The Hosseini brothers!

Three words that stood for nothing and nothing but extreme commotion.

Asking someone to try single out the brother that created the most ruckus was something almost practically impossible but then again there was always Khaleel Othman, who no matter what, always gave his very best at whatever he did.

Today, being no different!

With his eyes closed and his mouth fully stuffed with strawberry cheesecake, he was still able to somewhat mumble...

"Guys, please don't mind me if I pass out."

"I don't know about passing out but you will definitely DIE if you keep shoving that poor cake into your mouth like that," said Hisham as he stared at his cousin in utter disbelief.

"Jealous of the competition, I see?"

"Don't try me with something you are still new at... CHILD."

"Oh please! I was born eating, okay?" said Khaleel as he stuffed himself with another piece, the corners of his mouth fully smeared with strawberry syrup.

"Makes absolute sense then. No wonder the only thing that comes out now is trash. Explains everything," said Hisham as he skilfully ducked two pillows that Khaleel threw his way.

"And can you not throw around Yumnah's pillows, please? She said everything in her room is FRAGILE. The poor pillows might break and worse still she might make us sit in the garage the next time we want to hang out."

A loud beautiful laugh escaped Yasir's lips as he listened to his brothers' very much long awaited bickering and as soon as he heard Yumnah's name being mentioned, he quickly asked...

"Speaking of my wife, does she know that you stole her cheesecake from the fridge, Khaleel?"

"Your wife? Your wife who?"

"Yumnah!?

"Yumnah? Yumnah who?" asked Khaleel as he devoured another piece of cake.

Both Hisham and Yasir simultaneously quirked their eyebrows at Khaleel's boldness, one that was about to go deep down the drain within seconds because almost immediately a well satisfied smirk pursed Hisham's lips and while looking past Khaleel he quickly answered...

"Oh you know Yumnah! Yumnah the one who is about to enter this room in the next ten...sorry my bad... make that eight...nope, make it six seconds."

The speed at which Khaleel sprang from the bed and shoved the remainder of the cake into Yasir's hands was one to be considered faster than lightning and poor Yasir with a look of dismay etched all over his face, couldn't help but ask...

"What!? Bro! Why me?"

"She loves you, okay?"

"Definitely not when there is a stolen strawberry cheesecake involved."

"Let's just have a moment of silence for now," said Khaleel as he quickly sat cross-legged on the bed.

"Have a moment of silence for the cake or you? Kindly specify!" Hisham said amusedly.

"Just...just...Shhhh. Act all cool, okay! Maybe she won't even notice us and go back," said Khaleel as he tightly shut his eyes hoping against hope that he would somehow turn invisible.

Acting cool however was the last thing he did because the moment Yumnah entered the room and called out for him specifically, he quickly jumped off the bed while shouting loudly...