CHAPTER SEVEN

"If Hisham thought that he was the only one with a past, he couldn't be more wrong!"- Hussein Hosseini.

Hisham!

Meaning generous.

His greatest virtue, which had ended up becoming, his greatest vice.

His biggest mistake?

Was that of always upholding the true meaning of his name.

He had been a bit too generous.

Too generous with his much fragile heart and now nothing was no longer the same.

Literally nothing!

Most especially...

The long drives.

Flashback...

"One drive thru!"

"Two drive thrus!"

"Three drive thrus!"

"Four drive...nope sorry...that was a car wash!"

"Okay so, four drive thrus!"

Hussein almost rolled his eyes out of their sockets for the umpteenth time that evening, the urge of throwing his eldest son into the car's trunk, for the rest of the way, strongly coursing through him.

He cleared his throat way too loudly for his own comfort, hoping that it would serve as a hint for his grown ass son to shut up, only for him to roll his eyes once again when Hisham began to count the drive thrus even more loudly and this time, with some newly profound enthusiasm.

He tightly gripped the car's steering wheel while contemplating on whether or not he loved his son enough so as not to strangle him and the second he heard Hisham get to his tenth drive thru, he couldn't help but exclaim...

"Hisham!"

"Yes Baba?"

"Care to... SHUT UP?"

"Nope! Not until you stop at a drive thru."

"Not happening!"

"Fine then! ELEVEEEEN drive thrus, TWEEEEEEELVE drive thrus, THIRTEEEEEEN drive thrus, FOURTEEEEEN..."

"Okay fine but only and only because I do not wish to bleed to death through my ears," said Hussein with another overly exaggerated eye roll.

He then grumpily began changing lanes while muttering to himself as to how his wife would kill him without thinking twice if she found out that they had stopped to get a take-out and also as to how from now henceforth, all his cars would be out of bounds for all of his sons, most specifically the retard that was sitting right across him.

"Hisham?" he asked as soon as they pulled up, awaiting their turn.

"Yes Baba?"

"You do know that your Mama as ALWAYS, must have prepared an extremely DELICIOUS dinner and she must be WAITING for us and..."

"I know right! I specially requested her to make her sizzling garlic prawns along with sticky rice and she agreed. I literally cannot wait to DIG IN!"

"Then why exactly are we here?" asked Hussein as he pointed to the drive thru in front of them.

"Isn't there something called starters from where you come from?"

Before Hussein could give his son a snarky reply, their turn came up and he literally almost jumped out of his skin when Hisham quickly leaned across and loudly asked through the speaker...