CHAPTER TWELVE

"When it happens, nothing but sparks shall fly!" - Amalk807.

Despair!

Great despair!

That was the only feeling Isma had been left with, deep down within.

She had simply lost heart.

Lost heart, with literally everything.

Hot tears continuously trickled down her beautiful face, which she quickly wiped away as she gently laid her head against the taxi's window while thinking of nothing else but the heart wrenching conversation she had just had with her father.

A conversation that had left her not only shattered but also...

Deeply humiliated...

***

Shisha smoke!

That was what their entire living room was filled with.

One of the very many other things she highly disapproved.

Fear gripped every single inch of her body and it took her quite a good couple of minutes before she was able to muster up enough courage to speak to her father.

"Dad?"

He only but ignored her.

"Dad, I..."

He didn't fail to disregard her the second time as well.

"Dad, I am really very sorry to disturb you but I..."

He blew out a thick cloud of smoke, finally acknowledging her presence by turning to look at her and then asked...

"Are you done with roaming around all day?"

"I...I...I wasn't roaming around! I had a couple of job interviews to give this morning and..."

"Hmmm! You must have failed all of them."

Hot tears immediately stained her eyes and all she did was hang her head low and softly whisper...

"I...I...yes, I did Dad. I failed all of them."

A pin drop silence reigned the room for a few seconds as her father took continuous puffs of his shisha with Isma trying her very best not to let out a loud sob due to the immense shame she felt and in the end, he just but asked her while barely looking at her...

"So, what do you want?"

"I...I...there is this one more interview I am still able to give this afternoon. The company is at the other end of the city and I was wondering if..."

"I ASKED, WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

"I desperately need some money so that I can..."

"HOW TYPICAL!"

A look of immense hurt immediately engraved itself on her face as her much turmoiled heart, sank to its greatest depths.

Tears began to slowly trickle down her face, her heart breaking bit by bit as she waited for a response and just when she was about to leave having lost all hope, she saw him dig into his pocket, pull out a wad of notes but what he did next, shook her to the very core.

He flung the money onto the carpet!

Shock registered all over her face while numbness engulfed her and for a good minute or two, she couldn't help but deeply contemplate on whether or not she really needed the money.