CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"How could it be that he could hear and understand my silence so perfectly?"- Isma Taib.

Hisham Hosseini!

The old Hisham Hosseini!

The carefree Hisham Hosseini!

That's all a very much dumbfounded Ethan was reminded of as he watched Hisham prop himself on the company's much extravagant reception desk and with his eyes fully set out on the entrance, as those of a hawk waiting for its prey, he said...

"Correctly define the word LATE!"

Quite taken aback by the much impromptu question, Ethan remained silent, totally clueless but all he really had to do, to be able to answer correctly, was to follow Hisham's eyes that were fully glued on the entrance and notice how they immediately lit up like sparks, the very second Isma walked in through the revolving glass doors just but a minute late.

Oblivious to the fact that his aura took a complete turn within seconds, Hisham wasted absolutely no time in loudly calling out to her...

"Miss Taib!"

A strange kind of a warm fuzzing feeling immediately gushed through his entire body and he quickly passed his hand over his beard multiple times, in an attempt to hide a laugh, the very second he saw how strongly she rolled her eyes upon noticing him.

Her every step towards him felt like forever and he looked everywhere but at her, not at all being able to wait for it to go down between them.

Boy had he been glad that she had actually walked in late.

Again!

Even it was just by a minute!

Petty?

Yes, pretty much and he very much knew it but then again he hadn't wasted all morning in the shower, thinking of some really fiery comebacks just for nothing!

So if you could all please, just excuse him!

She reluctantly greeted him, her voice nothing short of a feather like whisper, something that was just so not her which caused Hisham's eyes to fall on her briefly and the very next thing he did was to jump off the reception desk and with a voice filled with nothing but immense concern, he asked...

"Miss Taib, are you okay?"

"Yes, Sir!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Sir! Never been better!"

He didn't believe her at all!

Not even for a second!

Letting out a small cough, she uncomfortably shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her eyes strongly fixated on the ground and in a bid to read right through her much more clearly, he said...

"I hope you do realise that you're late once again, Miss Taib!"

No response!

"That too by a MINUTE!"

She looked up, her eyes meeting his dark ones for a split second afterwich she quickly looked back down in an attempt to hide the tears that were threatening to stain her eyes and with a voice that was once again barely a whisper, she said...

"Sorry!"

Sorry?

Just sorry?

What?

Was that it?

Excuse me?

Someone please...

Not at all knowing why he felt so frustrated by her indifference, frustrated him a tad bit, if not a whole lot more, causing him to rake his hands through his hair numerous times.