CHAPTER TEN

"Your truth is what defines you, not other people's opinions!"- Amalk807.

Society!

Life's biggest curse and blessing!

It is said that society can either make you or break you to the greatest extent possible but what truly determines this, is having something, as simple, as belief.

Belief in yourself!

Belief of knowing who you truly are deep within.

That is the only thing that really matters but then again, it isn't as easy as it sounds.

Hisham stared at his reflection in the office elevator's mirror not at all knowing what to think of himself.

Who was he really?

A coward!

A huge coward!

That was the only thing he had seen himself as, the last time he had looked into the very same mirror.

He had strongly hated what he had seen.

Him shattering the mirror's glass back then, had only been symbolic of his equally shattering heart.

The broken mirror had since then been easily replaced but how could one replace broken heart?

Maybe some cracks were just never meant to heal no matter how hard you TRIED because...

'People' were there to ensure that.

More specifically 'society' was there to ensure that.

Ensure, that the cracks only but ran deeper and deeper...

Never to heal!

He was pulled out of his trance by the soft dinging sound of the elevator and the second he stepped out onto the floor, he couldn't help but fully question himself once again.

Was he really still the same person he was four years ago?

Had he changed?

Was he really ready to do this?

He took in a deep breath and the immense self-doubt in his heart only but increased the second his eyes met with those of some of the employees.

This was exactly what he had feared.

He just couldn't seem to ignore it no matter how hard he tried.

The intense stares.

The judgemental looks.

The hushed whispers.

Tears stained the corner of his eyes and in all honesty, all he really wanted to do was run away but then...

He didn't!

Trying to describe how he truly felt at that precise moment was somewhat out of question.

Was it fear?

Was it shame?

Was it hopelessness?

He himself, did not know!

Every step that he began taking towards his father's office felt as heavy as lead but that was nothing compared to how heavy his heart felt when he heard the very much 'inaudible whispers'.

Inaudible whispers that were ironically loud enough to scar him just a little bit more.

"The Runaway Brother!"

"Charged with attempt to murder!"

"Apparently used to abuse his wife!"

"Pleaded guilty!"